• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ultra4 vs Rockbouncer Shootout

xjpaddler said:
Cole, do you jave any footage of the qualifier itself??? Heard there was a lot of action at one rock at a time???

yeah I do, will get it posted soon

Is it just me or did blue look like a jet taking off? seemed to be the fastest from the turn up to the hill, not saying fastest to the top. Just looked like almost fast forward frames... I have VERY little knowledge on shocks and suspension over all, but the 4's seem to glide across the top of the rocks instead of beating up and down on them. I guess 400 hrs of prep can do that! either way I wanna play!!!

Re: Ultra4 vs Rockbouncer Shootout

zebrajeep said:
I agree with the tuning comments, however, watch Danny in this video. What does he do differently?
Is it tuning?.......probably not
Is it the line?.......same line as others
Is it the tires?......same as others
Is it more horsepower? Probably not

I think it is smoothness. But what is smoothness exactly? It's somehow keeping the tires on the ground and hooked up.

The guys who win are able to let off and re-apply throttle at EXACTLY the right moments to keep the bounce to a minimum and stay hooked up.

Very impressive.

I agree, he didn't let the suspension bounce at all, as soon it started to lift he let off the throttle and re-applied it in smooth succession, it kept him planted and he basically flew up that hill. Great driving.

Danny has it!!! booyang I figured that out watching how he handles a gayzr! If everybody would watch all these videos of different folks it's pretty easy to see who's a driver and who drives!

Dannyboy91 said:
:driving:I've been told it's just beginners luck..."clyde" !

;D I know you can drive and a little on the crazy side. That's why your RZR cage has a few extra bars so I can sleep a little better. You and CJ both sometimes even worry me.