• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

USA 6x6 wheels

Lil ugly

I have a set of USA 6x6 wheels that I purchased with a set of 43 sx's years ago. I am in the process of switching tires. I know the wheels were re-centered at some point in their lifetime and I thought that was the only modification that was done to them. However now that they are apart I am wondering if more was done to them, and so far i have not had much luck turning up information on the web about the wheels other than the manufacturing was generally piss poor and the guy had terrible customer service.

My main issue is that the way the bolts for attaching the two halves have to go in it leaves the o ring upside down when you are trying to install the top half (Thinner half of the wheel) Any one have any idea if this was normal? Or did someone screw up my wheels and make it so that my bolts cannot be installed correctly?

Also anyone no where I can get 17"x 10" wide pvc inserts? Soft 8 dished 8x6.8 pattern steel wheel center for 17" rim? Thanks for any valuable assistance and make sure smart ass comments are actually entertaining.

gonna have to post some pics. can't make sense of what you're asking.

I've seen 2 piece wheels (usa6x6 and staworks) with the bolts installed both ways.

I will have to take some pics before I put the last one together. I got them to go together but it sure seems like a ass backwards way to do it. I ended up using silicone sealant to hold the o ring in place upside down as I bolted them together. Worked on the two I have completed. Only put 5 psi in them so far. Will see if they leak down tonight.

Even though it's a different company, Trail Worthy Fab may be able to point you in the right direction for the PVC inserts. :dunno:

Even though it's a different company, Trail Worthy Fab may be able to point you in the right direction for the PVC inserts. :dunno:
I have not tried Trial Worthy yet but I will. It looked like Hutchinson Wheels uses a similar system on both the o ring and the liner but when I contacted them trying to get some information they shut me down and said it was proprietary. Not sure I really understand that since anyone can measure the finished product and go from there.

I have not tried Trial Worthy yet but I will. It looked like Hutchinson Wheels uses a similar system on both the o ring and the liner but when I contacted them trying to get some information they shut me down and said it was proprietary. Not sure I really understand that since anyone can measure the finished product and go from there.

They may not be able to help either, but I know they sell/sold Hummer wheels with PVC inserts, so may be able help.

I had some USA 6x6 wheels years ago. Mine were older 8 bolt style Humvee wheels and I think I remember the o-ring being a pain. You have to coat the o-ring in grease to hold it in place so it won't fall out of the groove.

With that said, the next set of 12 bolt Humvee wheels I saw (TWF) were constructed differently, and the o-ring was way easier to install.

I believe there were design changes between the 8, 12, and 24 bolt wheels.

I would call TWF for inserts.

Last edited:
I had some waayyyy back when, mine were the 16 bolt type with an oring. Decent idea, Shitty craftsmanship. I had to silicone them pretty good.
I really dont understand your problem without seeing it. Mine would bolt through either way with a simple oring sandwiched in...

Latest posts