• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Using the forum as a classifieds only.....

xjcrawler said:
Are you referring to someone like this that posts everything from boats, motorcycles, trucks, cars and is obviously a way he makes part of his living.........

http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=56167.msg662685#msg662685

Nah, I'm pretty sure they're referring more to 00Birmingham TJ or whatever his screen name is.

I'm not by any means taking up for him, but I have known him for a long time. There is at least 1 or 2 other guys on here that have known him for a long time as well. Pretty sure they might have even went to school with him at Cullman.

I've even been wheeling with him once. He's really an alright guy. But I have noticed that all he does on here is try to sell ****. So y'all go ahead and continue making fun of him. :****:

According to him in a previous ad this is just a side thing. I'll say this, I sell 200+ ls motors a year locally. The only ones I post in here are special or hard to find ones that I think a fellow hardliner could benefit from. As far as standard ****, most everyone knows I always have that and it's no big deal. Don't get me wrong I'm not picking on him. I'm not picking on anyone in particular. If we're good enough to sell **** to, then goddamnit, were good enough to socialize with. That's what pisses me off.

I completely understand. Like I said, I'm not taking up for him. Just letting y'all know that a few people on here do actually know him.

The classified section is the gateway drug into hardline.

You show up think you are an off-roader. Then you realize your spring over YJ isn't the bestest rig ever. So you start reading build threads of similar vehicles to yours. This could take a couple months. Then you finally decide your going to be "cool" so you make an upgrade or two. Maybe even buy something for your pile off of here. The entire time never making a post, because you don't know anyone or enough about tech to feel like you need to. Now a year goes by still hardley any posts,But you got them half doors off your YJ you could sell to buy a 8.8 with disk brakes some one just posted for sale. So your first post is in the classified section, but in reality you've been part of the forum for a while.

Plus I love the deals when people aren't sure what they have and just post it up because it's a large off road forum and we get to make fun of them or get a wicked awesome deal.

Re: Re: Using the forum as a classifieds only.....

Eddyj said:
You show up think you are an off-roader. Then you realize your spring over YJ isn't the bestest rig ever....

^^^^True story
Before Hardline vs after Hardline

Last pic is trying to catch-up to the rest of Hardliners
c76493fcf39ad5ef8415f67a8c951c6f.jpg
162652d76c6c99c5f0c761ba9a70e318.jpg
2a26032e39246da14fe94ff0147df064.jpg

jk101 said:
You have a point. But some people read here everyday just don't post much.
Am I suppose to type something about every thing that is posted?
I do not talk that much in person. Why should I do that here? :dunno:
Me too. Well, I talk a lot, but I've kinda made it a point to speak up only here or there. Self improvement something or another.

I joined up because I'd rather buy local and help out my wheeling scene. I don't have anything particularly badass or anything worthy of sharing just yet, so I don't really post at all really. I do spend s good bit lurking, reading, and learning.

What's funny, I was thinking about this the other day. Kinda along the lines of: I don't really say much, I got a tiny post count... I should at least say something sometime. When I had more free time, I was huge on forums and always putting my 2 cents and knowledge into things.

But as of late, I don't really have weekends off, so I don't get a chance to go wheeling, and don't have my rig up to snuff just yet. Hoping that'll change this fall.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

creepycrawly said:
Phuck ewe. I've slowed WAAAY down on that ****.
Do I look like a female sheep?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Is this a serious topic?

Where's the thread for

Using the forum for tech only....

or

Using the forum as ride calendar only....

Truth is, the vast majority of people have come to this forum because a friend linked them to something they needed that was for sale. It's the one thing we ALL need: parts. We all don't need bitch-ass friends trying to build us up by tearing us down in private text-groups. And trust me, you may be in a group, but there have been hundreds if not thousands that have been spawned from HL. And nearly all of them end in someone being so butthurt red'er than a baboons ass.

Let's start a thread topic:

Using the forum to bitch only...

I'll go first.

LandSpeeder said:
Is this a serious topic?

Where's the thread for

Using the forum for tech only....

or

Using the forum as ride calendar only....

Truth is, the vast majority of people have come to this forum because a friend linked them to something they needed that was for sale. It's the one thing we ALL need: parts. We all don't need bitch-ass friends trying to build us up by tearing us down in private text-groups. And trust me, you may be in a group, but there have been hundreds if not thousands that have been spawned from HL. And nearly all of them end in someone being so butthurt red'er than a baboons ass.

Let's start a thread topic:

Using the forum to bitch only...

I'll go first.

Hi ! I saw you on YouTube yesterday ..... is you famous ? Yeeees you famous flashemifyougotem

fd6e2f5cf6ffa5b8c13ba94a5601e3d1.jpg

I was referred here by a buddy to look for some 8 lug beadlocks. I quickly found the forum to be pretty awesome and try to read daily. The flip side is that I am just starting a build with a 1 ton swap so.... as slow as it is I don't have anything to post or contribute about my jeep on any kind of regular basis, nor do I have any good info to provide to someone else. With that said, it also requires interest from the others on the site, I posted in the "post up your rides" area about my plans, with no response of interest by anyone on the board, so..........now I just read, learn and hope to build a better rig for it. I am a paying member on NAXJA since 2012 and have less than 200 posts. I don't believe in typing just to get finger exercise. I really didn't want to post this, & by the way, I will be posting some 37's for sale here soon. ;)

Gamble said:
I was referred here by a buddy to look for some 8 lug beadlocks. I quickly found the forum to be pretty awesome and try to read daily. The flip side is that I am just starting a build with a 1 ton swap so.... as slow as it is I don't have anything to post or contribute about my jeep on any kind of regular basis, nor do I have any good info to provide to someone else. With that said, it also requires interest from the others on the site, I posted in the "post up your rides" area about my plans, with no response of interest by anyone on the board, so..........now I just read, learn and hope to build a better rig for it. I am a paying member on NAXJA since 2012 and have less than 200 posts. I don't believe in typing just to get finger exercise. I really didn't want to post this, & by the way, I will be posting some 37's for sale here soon. ;)

What kind of 37's?

Reading this thread has changed my outlook some i guess. I came here from Pirate where i hardly ever posted because of the **** show that is p4x4. First post here was trying to buy some seats off someone parting something out. Then i kind of started posting a little bit, then a little more, until now where i spend most of my internet time here. Point being that yeah some people only post here trying to buy/sell stuff but let them. Maybe one of us can get a smoking deal on something we need. And the real party goes on here in GD or the rides section.

money_pit_yj said:
LexJ with traction flaps?

I have a BMW, a Samurai, a Lexus, a pos Audi, coilovers, Lx450 parts, a kitchen table, china cabinet, dresser, car parts, a welder, guitars, amps, and probably a house I need to list.