• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

UTV & ATV's on FS roads?

WTOCHEVOTA

probly a stupid ?, but it is against the law to ride on a forest servive road, even with the atv sticker?I thought it was illegal, but I seen guys riding un licences dirt bikes up the foss river road yesterday. I was wondering if their any exceptions??? like utv side by sides??

I am confused as to what Gary Locke has to do with federal regulations:eeek: please do tell
Ditto, it's fed land. And for the record, there are many roads in Tahuya and Capitol Forest that ORV's can use, and those are both state, so it's not Lockes fault.

It is not illegal to drive an unlicensed ATV on all FS roads. It depends on the forest and their Travel Management Plan. The Colville National Forest (northeast Washington) currently has several hundred miles of level 2 (minimal maintenance) roads officially open to ATVs.

It is not illegal to drive an unlicensed ATV on all FS roads. It depends on the forest and their Travel Management Plan. The Colville National Forest (northeast Washington) currently has several hundred miles of level 2 (minimal maintenance) roads officially open to ATVs.

Unless the local district has designated them open then they are closed to non licensed vehicles. There are a few areas where the roads have been opened to ATV use primarely in farming and ranching areas most most still remain closed. The road out of the campground at evans creek(going up) is open to all users but its the only one in the park that is.

So today I went to a spot to bear hunt, and I met another bear hunter at the gate, he was on a bicycle, and their was 2 quads their too, that apparently the owners of those quads were arrested last night. the other bear hunter didnt know if it was for entering on the quads or baiting bear, but their is also bud growin in them hills, so not real sure why the guys were arrested,maybe got cought harvesting pot. but their is 2 quads sittin just inside the gate w/ no owners! DOH!

So today I went to a spot to bear hunt, and I met another bear hunter at the gate, he was on a bicycle, and their was 2 quads their too, that apparently the owners of those quads were arrested last night. the other bear hunter didnt know if it was for entering on the quads or baiting bear, but their is also bud growin in them hills, so not real sure why the guys were arrested,maybe got cought harvesting pot. but their is 2 quads sittin just inside the gate w/ no owners! DOH!

Why do i have a feeling i know where this area is....:eeek: :eeek: :eeek:

I have heard of it a time or two from other people/hunters...

You have to do your home work as to were you want to ride, Best bet is consider it illeagal until you can prove it wrong...

Latest posts