• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

UTV Insurance

I have full coverage from statefarm on my 2011 ranger. about $200 a year. Theft and body injury liability are the two main reasons for having it.

Yes I'd say any coverage includes liability.
Blacksheep....have you ever thought about, what if burns, like mine did....you ain't fixin that **** lol. If you invest over 8k in something I'd say it's worth having insurance on...especially if it's around 200 bucks a year. Trust me....anything can happen...theft too

whiskeymakin said:
Blacksheep....have you ever thought about, what if burns, like mine did....you ain't fixin that **** lol. If you invest over 8k in something I'd say it's worth having insurance on...especially if it's around 200 bucks a year. Trust me....anything can happen...theft too

I think he may have meant that he has insurance, he just frets to make a claim on it, unless he really totals it completely out, - beyond cheap repair.

We just insured our 2016 1000S. You have to be nuts not to! If somebody steals my $18,000 toy I'm out that money with no chance of ever getting it back. Because it is a passenger vehicle and can be driven on the road State Farm insured it for $47/month with a $500 deductible. Sounds a little high compared to you guys. My rep said they redid their underwriting because they were insuring them as ATV which are far less in value and typically only one person is involved in an accident. With the rzr's being two seater or 4 seater the liability is much higher. My brother just insured the same vehicle for around $36 or $37 I believe. Can't remember his company.

On my 09 rhino 700, I have liability. Its not for me, its the other dummies that want to stand in the middle of the trail while you are flipping backwards toward them, the reason I have it.

After seeing how cheap insurance is on these things, I think a person is crazy not to have it, you got 10k-25k plus dollars in them, and think about really how easy it would be for someone to steal one and you never find it, no tag or registration! They carry it a couple hundred miles away and it blends in with the other 500 SXS in the woods.

I got a 09 ranger 700 rode it sat and broke a axle then later was on a slippery off camber hill and slide it into a tree n bent factory roll cage took it to State Farm today after reading this and they covered the cage and axle really surprised me no ? Asked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re: UTV Insurance

zukimaster said:
After seeing how cheap insurance is on these things, I think a person is crazy not to have it, you got 10k-25k plus dollars in them, and think about really how easy it would be for someone to steal one and you never find it, no tag or registration! They carry it a couple hundred miles away and it blends in with the other 500 SXS in the woods.
Truth. I'm gonna check on it soon, gotta get by there and renew my bike insurance and will check then. $200 a year ain't **** for the benefits.

2015 maverick max with total loss coverage and 8,000$ fir extras was 1100 a year through progressive

I just took this online course and it knocked $31 off my insurance. Really happy with Markel Insurance, very easy to deal with.

https://cbt.rohva.org/course/view.php?id=2

whiskeymakin said:
I ABSOLUTELY have insurance. I rolled at disney last year and tweaked the frame and smashed the cage in, broke a knuckle in half, plenty of other stuff that could have been claimed. I write lots of claims for friends and it would have easily been a $12ishK claim. I couldn't bring myself to do it, I just fixed it. If I ever really truly **** it up bad enough I can't cheaply fix it or it burns/runs off without me (stolen) etc I will claim it. Until then its not worth taking a hit on my insurance that I might need to save for a truly catastrophic event or theft or whatever. I've fixed every wreck I've had in them, and there have been a lot. I'm seriously one of 3 out of 20 that haven't claimed their $10k in payoff money that the ins company is just itching to give out for a minor wreck and then deal with scratched plastic and fix the rest for $500 ::) laughing1 Not my style

When I bought my first 900 a credit union required I have insurance when getting a loan. Now I have a 2016 1000 4 seater which is paid for but fully insured for $32 a month. Has anyone had experience with totaling a RZR? I'm wondering how bad it would go up....I've seen several people get hammered drunk and flip the **** out of a 1-2 year old rzr. It always gets covered....seems like that can't go on too long.

Re:

I carry insurance on all of my ATVs. I don't normally carry full coverage I just keep it basic and it cost me all of $8 a month per ATV. Supposedly if I run into the side of somebody car or another ATV when I'm out riding my insurance will fix the other party's machine but I've never had to use it so I'm not sure

Re:

Most people do not realize it but here in the state of Ohio all ATV and UTV are now required to be tagged and to tag them they also require insurance if its tagged ( and by law it has to be tagged which means you have to carry insurance) in the end insured they can send you the same letter in the mail they send us for our cars and they will take your driver's license.

To my knowledge the law stating you have to have it registered even if you don't ride on public Trails isn't very highly enforced but it does exist

I wish I could find some of these cheap insurance rates I see people talk about all the time. The best quote ive had so far was like 750 a year with a $1000 deductible.. Ive never had insurance on a atv or utv but I wouldn't mind having alittle more piece of mind just incase something happens and it either gets wadded up, comes off the trailer, or gets stolen.. Id rather not ever file a insurance claim if I don't have to

Re:

When I first bought my Polaris I had full coverage on it for about 6 months with a $500 deductible I was paying $22 a month that was through State Farm.

Bumpers said:
I wish I could find some of these cheap insurance rates I see people talk about all the time. The best quote ive had so far was like 750 a year with a $1000 deductible.. Ive never had insurance on a atv or utv but I wouldn't mind having alittle more piece of mind just incase something happens and it either gets wadded up, comes off the trailer, or gets stolen.. Id rather not ever file a insurance claim if I don't have to

Got mine thru geico. Call them. Couldn't believe how cheep after the first couple I got.