• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

v8 Jeep running hot ?

Money Burner

Our jeep has started running hot after a short run time. I have replaced the water pump and put a 187 thermostat in it . It has a stock 6.0 chevy with manual fan and shroud in it and a heavy duty jeep radiator. It used to stay around 190. Now we cant ride the jeep until I can fix this problem. What radiator are yall running in your v8 wranglers?

Manual clutch? Or manual flex? Both can pull a lot of cfm's. The clutch ones loosen up and won't pull much, worth checking. Also, make absolutely sure you don't have an air pocket. Those engines run warmer than you would think also.

It has a Manual clutch off a 6.0 not sure how to know if there is a air pocket. It just started this not sure why.

Re:

Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like air in the system is what is causing it to run hot, and you just need to burp it. Once again if I'm wrong I'm sorry but I've ran into that problem before.

Re:

twizt3dfuc said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like air in the system is what is causing it to run hot, and you just need to burp it. Once again if I'm wrong I'm sorry but I've ran into that problem before.

I would try pulling nose up in a air to bleed system. Does the newer LS motors have bleeder screws on thermostat housing.

Well how much you want for it since this is the for sale section? Price location? ??? laughing1

found it drove it for about 20 min and the NEW Auto Zone water pump in leaking out the front. Who sells a good water pump. Thanks for the help.

Money Burner said:
found it drove it for about 20 min and the NEW Auto Zone water pump in leaking out the front. Who sells a good water pump. Thanks for the help.
CARQUEST

How hot is it running? With my e-fan on high, my 6.0 stays at 195* all day. Running a stock GM radiator for a '90 4.3L and a Taurus fan. Like mentioned earlier, the LS engines run hotter.

If it gets hot just idling then you almost certainly have an air bubble in the system. Park the nose up a decently steep hill and wait for it to cool and pull the fluid in then top off before moving the vehicle.

I've never been able to keep my 6.0 cool when I'm on a hard trail that requires a lot of the skinny pedal. I have a YJ bee cool setup with 2 pullers and 1 pusher. When it comes to cooling it's like they say.. the bigger the better.

Re:

kmcminn said:
I would try pulling nose up in a air to bleed system. Does the newer LS motors have bleeder screws on thermostat housing.

You pull the steam port line off the front of the motor at the #1 intake port until it flows nothing but coolant and put it back on. that should bleed it.