• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Van Alstine G1000-Tire Groover

ToledoDan

Looking to groove (5) 43" stickies. Need a good groover. Prefer Van Alstine G1000, but would possible consider other good groovers. If someone would just like to make a few bucks renting me theirs, i would be cool with that, but am just as good straight up buying the groover.
Seabrook, TX two eight one - fo Juan fo - forty fi tin

Last edited:
haha, i have one tire that has a small slice in the side wall - been thinking about getting one of those chain saw tooth blades for a grinder and giving it a try!

I have a lil' 20v battery powered chainsaw that I nibbled away at a tire when it was on the trailer. Did the usual center straight cut, then some opposite angle cuts on the smaller center lugs then cut each inside/outside large lug in half.

Pretty easy, and easy to control actually. Being electric its light weight and you can turn the thing upside down to get where you need. Took about 8 or 10 sessions of 30 minutes to get all the tires while sitting on the trailer.

Found a G1000 - Thanks Hardline!
Thinking of grooving my stickies like this, but not cutting the side lugs-let me know if anyoe has any better ideas. Mainly agressive trail riding in TX.

Attachments

• Groove.jpg
    Groove.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 129
Found a G1000 - Thanks Hardline!
Thinking of grooving my stickies like this, but not cutting the side lugs-let me know if anyoe has any better ideas. Mainly agressive trail riding in TX.
Want to get rid of it when you are done? I have some grooving to do.

Latest posts