• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Van as a tow rig?

That van has been prowling our neighborhood lately. I didn't think it was safe so I sent all the neighbor kids with a guy that had free puppies.:awesomework:

Come to think of it he had a van also....:eeek:

Vans can be cool if done right. This was a customer's rig a couple weeks ago. Powerstroke, 4x4 conversion. We did re-gear/ARB's in it:

1898190_664375180266309_1978058860_n.jpg

Vans are legit. I was going to buy a van just because there so much cheaper. The other half was ready to shoot me with my own gun.

My buddy tows all over the northwest and west coast, with his 2003 6.0 gmc work van. He bought it for 750$ and it has not stumbled once. He actually pulled my buggy down to KOH this year. We threw a 30" light bar on it and rallied.

I had this van for a few months. 78 E-150 4x4 conversion with 460 ford. Got about 6mpg, but it had an awesome interior. 4 captains, and a bench/bed combo in back. Tucked velvet everywhere, and not a bad wheeler. Got most of the way up to surprise lake with it in the snow. I parked it and walked up to the rest of the group (they didnt know I was behind them) and on the way back down the lead rig was like "Holy ****! There's a van up here!"

DSC05711.JPG