• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Various links to Tech info

No link but quicky E2000 pump / upgrade with part numbers ....

" So after 6 years of running a few E2000 pumps (2 years on a 4.0, 4 years on a shortstar) and after searching on this board I went with the E8248 on my 3.5l shortstar.

The truck was always snappy in 4low but kind of bogged in highrange. I thought it was just the nature of the 3.5 car motor. This pump solved that problem. I have more power in low and high. It fires up everytime with no gas pedal pump, which became common as the E2000 got older. This was a great fix and upgrade for the same price as a E2000. $99 from Advance Auto online with Free Shipping.

I was also experimenting with Prefilters, As I have always had stuff get in my cell, dirt, trees, grass.

I use to use a cheap puralator glass filter with removable element. It worked but was so small so it would easily clog. I upgraded to a bling summit filter but I could tell the pump was struggling as this style pump hates to pulll.

I found a off the shelf solution and it works great. Performance Filter PF4777 It cross references to Puralator F43178. I use that a prefilter and standard YJ filter as a post.

Hope this helps someone. "

Looking for info on full circlips for D60 front axle joints. Understand that axles have to be machined (ground) for circlips to work. Do I need snap ring, spiral ring or what? Been to every parts store in town with no luck. Anybody Know?? Thx