• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

vortec CMFI Wiring Help?

mike d

Sorry for the lengthy thread ahead

Project: 98 4.3vortec CMFI Centrol Port Computer going into 95 V6 3.0EFI

Anyways im trying to see if i cant use the exsiting wiring harness from vortec motor instead of buying a stripped down after market harness.
I have never really done any vehicle wiring like this but i have had my head in online diagrams and putting alot of hours tracing wires. I have a pretty good Idea of how the electrical engine wiring works, but it still is pretty new to me. Any pointers or tips would be great.

FullWiringSHot.jpg
[/IMG]

It seems like alot of wires but a majority of it just plugs into the components on the engine and plug right into the computer, as Downey Offroad States that there are really only 6 key wires that must route from ECM to destination toyota. They are

12 Volts from battery to computer, input
12 Volts from ingition to computer, input
Vehicle Speed Sensor, input
Ground, Output
Electrical fuel pump, output
Check engine light, output

Wiresneeded-1.jpg
[/IMG]

I think i pretty much have these wires traced down and labled from my ECM as seen in the picture below.
FullEngineWiringshot.jpg
[/IMG]

Im guessing these wires would be rewired through my firewall and intergrated with the toyota stuff. But im wondering what to do with all of the rest of the following wires. Here is a list of what those wires are:
the ones highlighted in red were what i thought was of importants do i need to wire the rest of these wires to toyota stuff or can i disregard alot of them?
113274219copy.gif
[/IMG]

Im thinking where most of these wires will need to reconnect with toyota stuff would be somewhere in here?
InsidetoyotaWires.jpg
[/IMG]

All right next question. I have my toyota under hood fuse box. As seen below.
toyotafusebox.jpg
[/IMG]

And then on the vortec harness there is a block pin connector deal that gets plugged into the UBEC, or under hood fuse block. Do i need to intergrate that junk with all of the stuff in my toyota fuse block or visa versa. The picture below are the wires that come off that pin connector block and into fuse block. I know that it has some important ones on there, also why the heck is there so many ignition wires, there all the pink ones.
.gif
[/IMG]

CloseupFusebox.jpg
[/IMG]

Any help would be great, i really dont want to cave and pay for a 600 dollar after market harness.

I sent my computer and harness to Jim's performance and he reprogrmed it and reworked my harness fro $500. His work looks great and now there is only like 5 wires I need to hook up other than the sensors. You may try to see if he would give you a diagram of how he does them. jimsperformance.com

I sent my computer and harness to Jim's performance and he reprogrmed it and reworked my harness fro $500. His work looks great and now there is only like 5 wires I need to hook up other than the sensors. You may try to see if he would give you a diagram of how he does them. jimsperformance.com

Sounds good, but i think if Jim gives me that info than Jims out 500 bucks