• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

W.E. ROCK Australia round 2 @ Merriwa NSW

Ethann

W.E. ROCK Australia round 2 @ Merriwa was a great success.

A bit of Aussie wheelin' for your viewing pleasure!

First place unlimited went to Tim Scutt (RedZook)
Tim also took the shoot out with the only one finishing the course

First place Pro-mod went Ethan (Team lock n load)

First place Extreme class went to Mitch Gregory

I can't speak for unlimited or extreme class, but Promod points on the last track were very tight, with only a few points separating the guys. Matt Apps was one of few Pro-mods running 37s, and some runnings 39.5s/40s. The guys with any tyre over 37 copped a 5 point penalty PER course. Which meant when it come down to the final track with a few points separating first, second and third, Ethan Humphries was sitting in first place, followed by Matt Apps in second with Simon Ford very closely following.
BUT, the tyre size penalty had to still be added to Ethan and Simons scores which would have Matt Apps in first place, even if Ethan and Simon had a clean run on the last track Matt had it. Unfortunatly Matt rolled off the bonus which they couldn't recover from, costing them their first place.
Simon had a very good run with minimal reverses and I think 1 cone touch.

We (Ethan/Team Lock n load) had a great run with 1 cone touch and 1 reverse, but the thermo fan on the radiator stopped working @ gate 4 which sent the temperature sky high as we were lining up for the bonus, with an over heating bug we didn't have time to line up nicely for the bonus so we took some wild line and got her done and crossed the finish gate with time to spare but a very hot buggy!

There will hopefully be more recaps and more photos I can share.

Photo credit to SierraDan for these photos.

Cute little 2 stroke Suzuki LJ in Extreme class, Ring Ding Ding! Unfortunately broke a leaf spring early in the weekend