• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

W series

kevinhumphrey

Hoping someone can help me out with this. I have an acquired an engine that is considered a Chevy W series. I had googled the numbers on the back of the engine and it has come back as a 409 which these engines are supposedly either a 348 or 409. Supposedly these engines are very rare only built in the early 60s for a couple years and are hard to come by. Not really sure what to ask for selling price because I only see them and fully built and restored condition any ideas?? If I wasn't such a jackass and knew how I would post a picture if someone could help me out posting a picture let me know I can text you one! Thanks

Manufactured from 1958 - 1962. 348 and 409. If it is a 409, there be much bigger demand (fewer were made), even the 348 would some interest if good shape. What carb is on it?

Probably to get the most out of it and sell it fast, needs to be listed on some kind of early Impala website or forum, they used them engines.

the way I have been told to tell the difference between a 348 and 409 is the dipstick tube. the 348 has it on one side (i don't remember which) and the 409 has it on the opposite