• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Waggy FR/RR Dana 44 Axles

RUBIPENN

These axles are coming out of my CJ, they were already installed when I bought it a few months ago. I have not done anything to them. I believe the gears are 4.56
Front axles is open with disc brakes. Leaf spring suspension set up.
D44Axles2.jpg

D44Axles-1.jpg

Rear axles has locker (not sure what kind or welded?).
I believe the gears are 4.56. The suspension is set for a 4-link, but it could use improving. There are not brakes on the rear!
D44Axles4.jpg

D44Axles5.jpg

Asking $550- O.B.O.

Check the gears /locker I want to know what I am buying!!! Been bit in the ass before. What bolt patern are the wheels? I want to bolt the axles into my cj using my RE lift. Let me know

I won't be able to get down to Randy's till maybe Friday to find out for sure. The only method I'm aware of to determine a close estimate R&P gear is to turn the tire and and count the number of turns from the pinion? Won't be able to tell much from the locker unless it's obviously welded or that there's one there. It is a 6 bolt though. I'll post pics with the diff. cover off and let you know later this week.

Let me know. When you turn does it seem as if it is locked up going around corners??? If so it is welded. Are you sure they are out of a waggy?

Yes, the tires are still locked while turning. The guy I bought this from said that they were waggy axles, he also put the AMC 360 in it which would validate the Wagoneer swap. However, he also said that the front axle had a locker in it, but found out real quick that it didn't on the Ugly :'(
I was going to put a spartan lunch box locker in the FR and put brakes on the rear, but I'd rather sell these and go ahead and make the move for a 14B & D60.
I can take measurements on it (width etc..) or look for part numbers on the housing if you would like for verification.
-Thanks

I dug into the rear axle yesterday and discovered good news and bad new....
The good news is that the Ring & Pinion is actually 4.88 gears & they looked fairly new! You can see it stamped in the ring gear below. Randy and I also counted the number of time the yoke turned before hand.
The bad news is that the spyder gears are welded, but the welds are broken, they could be re-welded though. The weld bead is still acting as a locker, but it's a matter of time...
Due to the weather, I did not dig into the front.
Price is negotiable.
D44RRRP6.jpg

D44RRRP4.jpg

ttt.....

Drag link & tie rod included. New Price $400- FF & RR