• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Walbro pickups

Rjhoward32006

Okay i did it again... :dunno:

I keep running out of fuel on inclines.
Its fine if i keep it topped off but i sometimes drink a little and forget....

My fuel cell has -8an bottom sump ports.
I need to change this to some sort of bulkhead that will allow me to adapt to a 5/16 fuel line to run these inside my tank.
Problem is i cant figure out how. I've tried AN to npt, An to barb, i'm out of ideas..

I'm also guessing most of you guys dont have this problem because you werent a cheap ass like me and buy a shitty fuel cell that has bottom feed.

Thanks jason, the reducer is what i couldnt find. I kept searching adaptor, reducer didnt pop into my head.

And yes to work best you need multiple ones. Run them in series.

Re:

I have a couple feet of the submersible fuel line, it is pricey, but I will cut you a deal, I just hooked Richard up with my Walbro's, I am running a stock TJ pump for now

I would put one in each corner, and put two in that **** off and two more that will open back up after a few seconds this will help save your electric pump.

https://liquidironindustries.com/RCI-Aluminum-Fuel-Cell-Multiple-Pickup-Kits.html

these guys make a "kit" that gets you everything you need to get them all put together. You will want some sort of baffling in the tank though to keep the pickups from bouncing around. Alltech makes some really nice plastic baffling that is WAY better than foam

yeah the foam is just fine for baffling in my opinion. its not a u4 racecar or anything, just a cheap ass Toyota buggy.
just need to buy a couple of these and install them. they are $26 I can deff build it cheaper then what they are selling it for.

I hard piped mine with short pieces of hose. May have better pics if needed. The hard pipe hold them in place. I used alum tubing.

7c6870bc92211d5c9e89b3442901542e.jpg

Rjhoward32006 said:
yeah the foam is just fine for baffling in my opinion. its not a u4 racecar or anything, just a cheap ass Toyota buggy.
just need to buy a couple of these and install them. they are $26 I can deff build it cheaper then what they are selling it for.

the problem is that the foam breaks down and clogs up pumps

I went through 3 fuel pumps and about 10 different size filter sets on my old buggy because of that shitty ass foam. Tried the summit foam, some JAZ foam, and finally some pretty pricey ATL foam. All of it broke down...its the shitty gas we have now that does it.

10/4. I drained the tank the other night. Waiting on the arrival of parts then i'll pull the foam and do like richard did and put hard line in between them to keep them from moving alot