• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Walker this Sunday

walker

main line is closed do to this
walkerBill022.jpg

i walk up the trail for about 50 or so yard and well no trail to be seen.
another pic
walkerBill021.jpg

so we went all the way around and drove down main line and just past the two stumps is where they got the trail block.
Duane

Are they logging or is it natural tree fall? I know they had a small part of the trail closed for logging were the mud pit and the hill climb are.

They are logging, my understanding is that is has been there for a few weeks now.

There are a few of us RRR's going up Sunday. Anyone been to the Skill building area? Or anyone participate in the work party Sunday the 17th?

ok i know walker pretty good.. and with that part of mainline closed what is left express? seems like alot of the 4x4 trails are closed for logging wtf.?
the skill area when i walked it didnt have much to show.. so when is the skill area gonna be open? and what is gonna give the skill? it just looked like a loop off of mainline(way up where the trail has nothing)back to the road... school me if im wrong just wondering whats going on... hell if you can show me some new spots or whatever i live 6miles from walker.

For now the "skill area" is pretty much just a new loop. There was a work party last Sunday that apparently nobody knew about that was suppose to work on the area. The Plan is create off shoot or spur trails of different level off the main loop. There are going to be 2 more work parties which are scheduled for Sept. 13th & 14th and Sept 20
th & 21st.

Hey Duck, don't you have a job or something!!!:fawkdancesmiley: :redneck:
Seriously, what DD said is true, and the whole objective of this new area is to allow all levels of experience to have fun/challenge themselves; There will be some pretty cool shutes goin in...as for now, it's not open until the work's been done...Starting a new thread--sorry to hijack Zuk88!!!:hi:

Thats fine,I didn't want to drive there and not be able to travel the main loop.After a while the trail will be cleared or rerouted.

where is it closed right now? upper main,or lower?

Lower Main is closed until the end of the month according to Kim from DNR.

Not sure where this was. But as you can see the logging has taken a toll. We managed to find part of the trail not sure which one.
dscn1749su5.jpg

dscn1750di9.jpg

dscn1752ll4.jpg

dscn1754fd9.jpg

Last edited:
That 2nd pic looks like the only section of trail that had pavers on it...little dogleg going down,, looks alot like the area between the top of the trail and the only old clearcut with the stumps in it....