• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Walker Valley work party 06-19-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Dodgers

There will be another work party at Walker this Saturday. This is a continuation of last weekends WP. There is a spot in the Upper Main Line Trail that needs serious attention. During the "Walk through" with DOE on the 8th this area was pointed out as being a serious problem. Jim Cahill committed to having this area repaired by this weekend. There was a work party last weekend that got some work done but was not able to complete the task.

We will meeting in the main parking lot at 9am. If you have a trail worthy trailer then please bring it. We'll be hardening the trail for about 600ft with rock according to Jim. Bring picks, shovel, pry bars and PPE.

This needs to be done by weeks end. Our performance on this matter is being used to judge how Reiter will be maintained.

Some of use will be having breakfast at the Big Rock store around 7am.

Thanks

I have an exam to take at 10am in Ferndale, but it should only take about 45mins. I plan on driving straight to Walker afterward.

I should be there around noon, and plan to be there until 6 or 7pm. If people are available, perhaps I'll do some dinner and stay until 8ish.

I will be there! Hopefully I can get my rear locker installed today (zukkev:fawkdancesmiley:) and sliders welded on, hole in my exhaust welded up, spark plugs changed, and my kustom "airiated" frame welded up.

I'll have somebody with me, weather they are an able bodied or not has yet to be determined.

I was also wondering, did that ditchline along the lower mainline get patched up so it is no longer running onto Pat's?

I'll only be there for a few hours, probably til about 1:00 at the latest---have ALOT to get ready for TJ'10!!!!:yikes::yikes: Aaaaand I might even just bring the cherokar for the rock haulin duty...:awesomework:

:hi:so i just went out and looked at my rig and devised a way to build a box to contain rock in the back but it wont be a huge amount. maybe 4 or 5 wheel barrow loads but thats pushin it.:looser: im not sure if that will be more help or a nusance. and i do have to work in the morning so i wouldent be down till the afternoon. what are your thoughts? i would love to help.:corn:

Hell yeah Andy....you've seen the back of a Sami, right???:eeek: I'm lucky to get one wheelbarrow loads worth!!!:haha::haha: We can 'relay'---you get there, I leave!!!:D

ok then its a done deal. i will work this little box idea for the rock. and i will probly hit the trail around noon.:cool:

I have an exam to take at 10am in Ferndale, but it should only take about 45mins. I plan on driving straight to Walker afterward.

I should be there around noon, and plan to be there until 6 or 7pm. If people are available, perhaps I'll do some dinner and stay until 8ish.

sat night dinner on the trail.:stirpot: mmmmmmm sounds like a great idea:beer:

Jakob, do we know if the rock ever got delivered to the spot Jim said he would get it to? An Jim is going to be up there with us correct?

i will be there, and have no back seat in so i could haul alittle at a time.
judd

dang

and im stuck in iraq, i actually enjoy helping our trail systems and making a better impression on the wheeling community....damn the bad luck...:mad:

and im stuck in iraq, i actually enjoy helping our trail systems and making a better impression on the wheeling community....damn the bad luck...:mad:

You keep doing your thing, an we will keep fighting to keep our trail systems open here on the homefront.:awesomework::beer:

i will be there, and have no back seat in so i could haul alittle at a time.
judd

:awesomework: I think thats the plan for most people, if we get enough rigs, we will probably take turns to minimize the wear an tear on rigs. We only have to haul rock like 1/4 mile up the lower mainline from the tank traps to just below the first S turn switchbacks.

I'm wondering if we should bring some "noxious weed free" :)stirpot:) haybales for temporary runoff control after we are doing some soil agitation.

Okay so it looks like Uki will be coming down with me after my ham radio test.

However, due to yet another wheelin' obligation I'll be heading out around 2:30, so I won't be around for an evening BBQ :booo: :booo:

That said, if anyone wants to come to Vancouver and wheel up to the Eagle Ridge lookout, you're welcome to come along!

I know.. I know

I am going to venture out of the valley :cheer:

So how do I get there?

Walker Valley is located 7 miles SE of Mt Vernon off highway 9 in the Big Lake neighborhood, the road to Walker Valley ORV Park is well marked and easy to find. From I-5, take exit 221. Go east on SR 534 for 5 miles and turn left onto SR 9. Drive north for 6 miles (milepost 46) and turn right onto Walker Valley Road. Go 2 miles and turn right onto Peter Burns Rd (a one-lane gravel road). After about 1 mile you will see the staging area on your right. Alternately you can take SR 538 from Mount Vernon to Hwy 9 and follow Hwy 9, 4 miles south to the Walker Valley Road.

From your location to Walker:

Or, ya can meet us at Big Rock Grocery for breakfast at ~8.:cool:

Heya justgot updated by Jim it looks like there are 3 or 4 loads of rock waiting and the whidbey guys are bringing an excavator too!
I've just spent 5hrs on a plane student Gmorning radio so the test should go quick and I should be there by noon

Status
Not open for further replies.