• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Want - Toyota T-case

mark

I'm going to be in the market for a 'good usable' toyota transfer case. I don't know much about them so I'm all ears for being walked through it.

Hopefully picking up a project this weekend, it currently has a 22r with 5-speed, but no t-case. I wasn't planning on getting it with the engine and tranny, but the package deal to leave the motor was too good to pass up, and if I add a t-case then I could have it up and running much faster while I gather that parts for the drivetrain I'd rather run.

So what questions should I be asking the current owner? I know toy cases are (I think) either 21-spline or 23-spline, top-shift or forward shift. What else do I need to know? Are top-shift and forward shift cases interchangeable other then where the shifter comes up? How important is year? Yokes/flanges?

So I'll be in the market. I'd like to spend around $100 if possible, complete as possible, and the closer to Seattle/Eastside the better. Anyone?

-mark

If you find yourself in Tacoma...I can do a bill for one.

I picked up a forward shift case from the guy bought the rig from, but might be in the market for a top shift, 23-spline even better.

I didn't really plan on running the toy stuff that came with my new project, bit since its in and runs I might just leave it in there for now. He included all the driveshafts and such and it was originally set up for a dual case, after looking at the prices for some of the doubler options it might be cheaper for me to just do dual cases rather than all new drive-shafts.

So if either of the cases are top-shift I might be interested. Joeyf, whats the spec's on the wheels and what you thinking for them?

You should junk that toyota **** and put in a 345 and a dana 18 and some d44s. Ya know, save a buck.

You should junk that toyota **** and put in a 345 and a dana 18 and some d44s. Ya know, save a buck.

Scout stuff... way to expensive.. 318 727 231.. also super 30/35 with some lifetime g2 gears... that way.. whats the instagram fags say... "send it" :redneck:

I got a Scout D30 with drum breaks, that will hold up to 39's, right? :flipoff:

Its still early, and I have some other things to finish first before I really tear into this, but I'm a little torn. I know (to a point), the Toy stuff is pretty damn good, especially for the size and weight, but I know nothing about them and have no 'extra' parts. I'm just not a toyta guys, they are almost as bad as the Jeeper guys :haha:

I have a narrowed D60 for the front waiting on a shelf and a 35-spline 60 for the rear, or maybe a 14b. SBC or 4.3 if I could stand not having a v-8, then T350 or 700 variant to probably a D300 for now, or maybe 241 if one falls in my lap.

But I'm getting ahead of myself right now, once I get RRC in the mirror, my first priority will be to get it moving under its own power with what its got and get the axles under it I want. Then I'll play with it and plan a motor swap.

Or find I hate buggies and unload it :redneck:

I got a Scout D30 with drum breaks, that will hold up to 39's, right? :flipoff:

Its still early, and I have some other things to finish first before I really tear into this, but I'm a little torn. I know (to a point), the Toy stuff is pretty damn good, especially for the size and weight, but I know nothing about them and have no 'extra' parts. I'm just not a toyta guys, they are almost as bad as the Jeeper guys :haha:

I have a narrowed D60 for the front waiting on a shelf and a 35-spline 60 for the rear, or maybe a 14b. SBC or 4.3 if I could stand not having a v-8, then T350 or 700 variant to probably a D300 for now, or maybe 241 if one falls in my lap.

But I'm getting ahead of myself right now, once I get RRC in the mirror, my first priority will be to get it moving under its own power with what its got and get the axles under it I want. Then I'll play with it and plan a motor swap.

Or find I hate buggies and unload it :redneck:

NEVER MIX THE TWO CROWDS!! Each group brings their own doucheness to the table :haha:

Bump. Getting a better idea what I got and what I need.

Looking to do a doubler, I got one t-case but I'll need a top-shift to complete the set. Looking to spend $100, not more than $150 for a good, serviceable, ready-to use unit. In this case I'm not being a cheap ass, I just did that math that between the cost of the doubler kit it self, if i spend over $200 for the case I might as well spend a little more and buy Trail-gears kit for $800 that comes with a rebuilt box already and be done.

Joey, if you still have those rims I might still be interested. I'll need something like that eventually.

Also, on the look out for a couple spring packs to make builder-packs for my front springs. Picked up a set of 2nd gens for a base, and have a line on a set of later model taco springs for $40 the cut-up. But I'd like to put some feelers out for options.

:beer:
-mark

You should just sell your stuff off, i have a toyota for sale fairly cheap with everything done that your talking about doing lol