• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Warn 9.5Ti Problems

JBuck

Alright. I don't use my winch that often, probably once every few months. Last time was more line 4-5months. It sat while I finished off our fishing season.
Anyways. I needed it today. I had to hit the ditch or go head on with a logging truck. So I unspooled the winch, Hooked it upto a tree and hit the button, then NOTHING ! ! ! The red light was blinking. It will power out, but not in. I ended up unspooling the entire reel then back lashed it on and that worked well enough to recover myself.
Hope I didn't fry the clutch, if it has one. I was hanging over a 20' drop, and only had left two tires hanging on the gravel. Everytime I turned the wheel or tried to move it would slide sideways. Thought for sure the jeep was toast.

This exact same thing happened to my last 9.5Ti also. I sold it with my last jeep before I fixed it though.

BTW I have had it since January 09

Alright. I don't use my winch that often, probably once every few months. Last time was more line 4-5months. It sat while I finished off our fishing season.
Anyways. I needed it today. I had to hit the ditch or go head on with a logging truck. So I unspooled the winch, Hooked it upto a tree and hit the button, then NOTHING ! ! ! The red light was blinking. It will power out, but not in. I ended up unspooling the entire reel then back lashed it on and that worked well enough to recover myself.
Hope I didn't fry the clutch, if it has one. I was hanging over a 20' drop, and only had left two tires hanging on the gravel. Everytime I turned the wheel or tried to move it would slide sideways. Thought for sure the jeep was toast.

This exact same thing happened to my last 9.5Ti also. I sold it with my last jeep before I fixed it though.

BTW I have had it since January 09
do the sylonoids click when trying to spool in usily the blinking light means
low voltage or bad conection I had a loose ground to the moter and it did that
spooled out good but when in it would click wigeled wire sparked then would work check all your conections on your winch and batts:awesomework:

do the sylonoids click when trying to spool in usily the blinking light means
low voltage or bad conection I had a loose ground to the moter and it did that
spooled out good but when in it would click wigeled wire sparked then would work check all your conections on your winch and batts:awesomework:

No noise out of the solenoid. The red light blinks when ever I plug the remote in. Checked the wires and they are tight, and connected to the battery. Last 9.5Ti I had lasted 18months before I had these problems and this one lasted 13months.

No noise out of the solenoid. The red light blinks when ever I plug the remote in. Checked the wires and they are tight, and connected to the battery. Last 9.5Ti I had lasted 18months before I had these problems and this one lasted 13months.

Try someone elses remote yours might be bad or gunk in da holes:awesomework: