• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

***Warn Winch Expert Wanted***

Catabeagle

I have an 8274 just sitting in my garage being heavy on my workbench. The winch worked fine when I removed it from a Jeep before selling, when I wanted to test it I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work, so I took apart the control box and somehow the controller plug in wires inside the box became severed and that is obviously the issue. So my question is can it be fixed and how? New controller box? Please someone help!!! And another question if I was to sell it what would it be worth?

Sorry man, its worth nothing. Luck for you however, I'm on my way to the dump; I'll swing by, pick it up and throw it away for you. :D

Seriously though. Many people feel the 8274 is THE best winch ever made. It probably worth 500 bones. Not sure what you mean by the "controller box". But either way, if the hand controller is damaged you can buy a new one and if the wires pulled out of the relay pack thats easy to fix too. You can download the owners manual with wiring diagram for your winch from the Warn website.

Heres the linky for you:http://www.warn.com/truck/winches/src/M8274-50.shtml

Last edited:
Thanks for the info... the wires that are disconnected are inside/on the backside of where the controller plugs in.... thanks for the link!:awesomework:

Latest posts