• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Washingtons most challenging trail?

HAd a Jeep, had a Juggy..... love my current junk.... most capable and multipurpose rig I have ever owned.

Juggy was too 1 dimensional and made for sloppy driving habits. A pillars and glass or wanting to keep them in tact creates more skill. PLUS I can drive it on the street at 75 MPH comfortably.

I dont think that the trail is the most difficult part of wheeling for some at all. It seams to be getting a rig done or getting the balls to wheel in the first place.

Yes.

The wheeler hate by the web-wheelers is strong here.

But what did I expect? This thread was started by one.:haha:

Guys!!! get off of our nuts....PLEASE!:kissmyass:

i'd still like to hear about some of the hardest trails in washington....
cause i am building a "buggy" on 33's:fawkdancesmiley:
i want something i can beat, and not break every other trail.....

and yes, glass def. makes a difference. i just , literally not a half hour ago ,took the windshield out.:haha:......

someone was talkin about trails up above chewelah.....is there parking area?wanna show me on a map?what are the legalities?etc....

it gets old going to that side of the mountains to wheel "trails"......the best i have over here is private land i shouldn't sneak onto, and 7 mile ORV.
i would like to learn how to drive more technical trails......cheers, brain

someone was talkin about trails up above chewelah.....is there parking area?wanna show me on a map?what are the legalities?etc....

Theres the Twin Sisters Orv area between Kettle Falls and Republic. Haven't been there, but it isn't heavily used it appears, cause there is not a lot of info on the internet.

There also is supposed to be some stuff in N. Idaho, but as far as the extent of what it is, I dont know.

There also is supposed to be some stuff in N. Idaho, but as far as the extent of what it is, I dont know.

My brother-in-law is from and still lives in Idaho. When I ran him down 311 in Evans he said it was more hard core then what they have in his area as far as what he has seen. He lives north of Post Falls. He said its alot of mud but as for "hard" trails he had not really seen any. Thats not to say there ain't any.:;

When you post pictures of stockish jeeps on 33's running a trail, that is a fairly strong indicator its not that challenging.

You know, thats kind of the problem with the mentality of many off-roaders.

I hear a lot of whining about nothing being challenging enough unless you drive 20 hours south.

If you REALLY wanted the challenge to return - go back to a stockish rig on 31-33" tires and hit the majority of the trails out there.

Do that and you will find challenge damn near anywhere.

EDIT: After having got to 38's, atlas, detroits, etc. trailing it all over the place because it wasn't street legal, I drove my wife's TJ around on 33's and realized exactly how much I missed the old days.

Back on 33's now. Want challenge? Go drive to your wheeling spot, wheel the weekend and drive back. Take the safety of a trailer and comfy tow rig away.

This is something I did not come to easily, it took me probably 2 years to decide to go "backwards".

Last edited:
X2

Smaller tires make you work for it, hone driving skills you forgot way back when.

But then again, maybe I'm just too broke to buy the cool stuff all over again!

You know, thats kind of the problem with the mentality of many off-roaders.

I hear a lot of whining about nothing being challenging enough unless you drive 20 hours south.

If you REALLY wanted the challenge to return - go back to a stockish rig on 31-33" tires and hit the majority of the trails out there.

Do that and you will find challenge damn near anywhere.

EDIT: After having got to 38's, atlas, detroits, etc. trailing it all over the place because it wasn't street legal, I drove my wife's TJ around on 33's and realized exactly how much I missed the old days.

Back on 33's now. Want challenge? Go drive to your wheeling spot, wheel the weekend and drive back. Take the safety of a trailer and comfy tow rig away.

This is something I did not come to easily, it took me probably 2 years to decide to go "backwards".

x2 I have just started wheeling so my cj is open on 31s, and even evans is fun. It is pretty sad that all of the legal trails at evans are makeable open on 31s though. (very fun and some require hammering down but still makeable.)

I stopped at 2" lift, 32" tires on my TJ. New springs just $200, no CV drive shaft, and no extended brake lines. 32" tires are cheaper which helped pay for 4.88s and TruTracs. The TruTracs are easy on the axles and make you have to drive it more than lockers. All of my wheelin buds keep building and getting more bored. I'm 52 years old and happy to be stuck in the Seventies.