• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Water in tires

mckeddie said:
Thinking of things I'm gonna do to the new buggy while I'm prepping to wheel it. ITs rear engine, so I'm thinking of putting in water in the fronts.

My simple dumbass question first, how do I get the water in the tires? It's got new racelines. I'm thinking pull the rings, and add water. Reinstall rings and add water. I'm thinking fill the 37's half way to start.

2ndly, how much added stress does the water add to the front end?

Pictures of your new buggy? Did you sell your old one or trade for the new one?

patooyee said:
Sorry if this should be obvious to me, but I'm assuming that's 180 lbs per tire, not 360, right? So about 21.5 gal per tire?

Who would have thought a tire would hold that much? :)

If you're filling with the valve stem attachment how do you release the air that the water is displacing? And how do you tell how much you are putting in? Just put it on a scale and fill until you get where you want?
180 lbs in each tire. Years ago I would fill them on a scale, but now I just fill it to a certain level.

If your run water you need to reminder that water well rust out your rims if steel or corrode if aluminum. They make some rim safe fluid called "ballast fluid" that is made to run in agriculture and industrial machines. There are sevarl different brands of ballast fluid but it cost money and water is free. You could always fill up tubes to protect the rim. And water is about 8 lbs a gallon, and it does help with traction as far as tractors go. Never run it in anything besides that

BIG_Country said:
If your run water you need to reminder that water well rust out your rims if steel or corrode if aluminum. They make some rim safe fluid called "ballast fluid" that is made to run in agriculture and industrial machines. There are sevarl different brands of ballast fluid but it cost money and water is free. You could always fill up tubes to protect the rim. And water is about 8 lbs a gallon, and it does help with traction as far as tractors go. Never run it in anything besides that

Do you mean you have never ran it in anything else? Or is this guidance as in "You should never run it in anything other than a tractor,"? If it is the second one, I am curious as to why you would feel that way. Thanks!

creepycrawly said:
Do you mean you have never ran it in anything else? Or is this guidance as in "You should never run it in anything other than a tractor,"? If it is the second one, I am curious as to why you would feel that way. Thanks!
Pretty sure he meant he has never ran it in anything else.

creepycrawly said:
I thought so as well, but wasn't sure. I wasn't trying to be a smart ass.
I didn't think you were. Legitimate question with the verbage.

Steve up at BestOne tire in Evansville, IN showed me some "biodegradeable tire ballast" (beet juice I think?) they put in tires now, it's like 12lb/gal if I remember correctly.

creepycrawly said:

I'm bad, what I meant to say was I have only run water in tractor tires, never used it in a truck/buggy/jeep. But it does make a tractor tire hook up well in the dirt.

BIG_Country said:
I'm bad, what I meant to say was I have only run water in tractor tires, never used it in a truck/buggy/jeep. But it does make a tractor tire hook up well in the dirt.

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

what's under the tarp? LMAO.

index.php

Those are the onky pics I have of it. Zayne2427 had it listed on here. I traded his brother for mine. Neon 4cyl/transaxle w a turbo into toyota.

We will see how dirty 30's hold up to 150 lbs of water in each tire lol.

I want to take it out 1 time to try it out, then we will be cutting it apart to redo it/make our fat asses fit in it more comfortably. I'm going to start a thread on it as soon as we start the rework.

hokie_yj said:
I would have bought that thing, but I was pretty sure I wouldn't fit in it. I really like it.

It's damn tiny. I'm 5'7" 175, and I can barely squeeze in the drivers seat. I've got about 12" of headroom though. Top of cage is about 5'2". Top of light we is about 5'6".

mckeddie said:
It's damn tiny. I'm 5'7" 175, and I can barely squeeze in the drivers seat. I've got about 12" of headroom though. Top of cage is about 5'2". Top of light we is about 5'6".

Dang if you got that much headroom, I'd be cutting that windshield hoop and rail buggy looking roof off and building something that looks cool from the b pillar forward!

I really like those lil transaxle buggys, would love to have something that small and light to crawl around GMP during the summer

mckeddie said:

There's no way in hell I would have fit then.

what's easiest way to get the water out?

valve stem @ 6 o'clock and a small tube down inflator with valve removed?

break down tires/beadlocks?

drill and plug hole? :p lol

any ideas?