• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

water jacket crack...whats the best goop?

leadfoot067

i know jb weld is good....but is there something better? crack in water jacket of 4 cylinder motor..bout 4" long.. what have you used with success?

A pic would give folks an idea of its location, and may be able to recommend a product that would be best for that situation...:awesomework: Also, what exactly is the engine??? I know you stated 4cyl, but there are sooooo many of them!!!

JB weld? hope you have a trolling motor or a good set of paddles :haha:

I would only trust jb weld as a get it home fix not something permanent. I would rather have the iron melted and filled with the proper rod via welding than smearing some **** on it and "hoping" it holds.

maybe some of the welders will chime in :corn:

its a water jacket crack....the motor runs great, cools fine,even puking water out the crack when its running...the boat isnt worth replacing the block just because of a water jacket crack...its freshwater cooled.it doesnt build pressure like a car motor with a radiator....i JB welded it today.gonna put another coat on tomorrow...then im gonna go fishing:fawkdancesmiley:.....

Only thing about JB weld is that it gets soft when it's hot. But, I've also seen a tire side wall sucessfully patched with JB weld, so if it works, it works.

I take it the crack is not in the cylinder wall but on the outside of the block? If on outside I don't see why jb or soekthing like that wouldn't work