• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Welding bottle question...

when you take it in to refill, you can trade it in for a properly filled bottle with your choice of gas....

I do it all the time when i take mine to be filled if I need a special gas mix for a job...

I think (hope) what he is asking is can you take an O2 or Acetylene bottle into your local welding/gas shop and exchange it for a Argon bottle.

I think the answer there is "call and ask". I know I've swapped bottles before, I think I turned a CO2 bottle into a small argon bottle and swapped between 10# and 20# CO2 bottles before.

Call you local gas shop, tell them what you want to do and see what hey say. If they are cool, my assumption would be probably not an issue as the money is in the bottles, and your paying for the gas. And IIRC the actual cost of the bottles is pretty similar no mater what the gas.

I think (hope) what he is asking is can you take an O2 or Acetylene bottle into your local welding/gas shop and exchange it for a Argon bottle.

I think the answer there is "call and ask". I know I've swapped bottles before, I think I turned a CO2 bottle into a small argon bottle and swapped between 10# and 20# CO2 bottles before.

Call you local gas shop, tell them what you want to do and see what hey say. If they are cool, my assumption would be probably not an issue as the money is in the bottles, and your paying for the gas. And IIRC the actual cost of the bottles is pretty similar no mater what the gas.

you nailed it Mark. i think faster then i type. thanks guys.:awesomework:

Latest posts