• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

welding hood

Huntsman oldschool paper, they pull hair, but I still love em, plus I am too cheap to spend 300.00 on a autodarkening helmet.. :D

yeah im a college student, i dont have an extra 300 bucks to blow, so im lookin for a package deal or a 1 time buy, like a miller or a lowes or a home depo helmet, they work for me, i cant see in one spot for a while but they work.

Atd autodark at work, $30 Lincoln big glass at home, and the awesome leather hood from my grandpa that doesn't get used.

basic jackson hood with #10 gold lens. have about $45 into and love it.
kicks ass for tig

#10......the thought of that makes my eyes sore:redneck:

I just bumped up to 12 for AC tig and run 11 for DC-.

I used to run 11 for eveything then found my eyes sore after hours of AL. work.

For a flip down hood the Gold lenses are the ****.

I use a speedglass auto and Miller auto

I have a 18yr old Fibermetal that I have had since I was in High School. Its been around.
317253039_040720c525.jpg

:redneck:

yeah im a college student, i dont have an extra 300 bucks to blow, so im lookin for a package deal or a 1 time buy, like a miller or a lowes or a home depo helmet, they work for me, i cant see in one spot for a while but they work.

I hear that. Since its just for a hobby and short use I agree. I have been using a automatic one from HD for several years with no issues and just got one from harbor freight with the larger screen but havent tried it yet. For the guys that weld for a living the $300. units are probably a good investment just like the $120.00 ear muffs that I use around power tools are for me.

I use a jackson with a 10 gold for all my mig work, and a miller elite for tig and stick work. When crawling through chassis and laying under vehicles even the elite's 4 sensor's can't pick up and i get flashed, plus I couldn't afford to maintain it with weld spatter and such

Huntsman 951, 4x5 goldplated lenses. Put clear coverplates on both sides of the lens as the gold is very easy to scratch.

I dont care for the auto darkening lenses. If the sensors aren't pointed exactly at your arc start you are gonna get flashed. Then you get to sit there and wait while your eyes recover.

Put a bright light near your work. You will be able to see well enough with your hood down to orient your torch and filler.

speed glass only I have 2 ones 8 years old and just broke in .I use to weld with it 40-50 hours a week but now I don't sucks being the boss rite morgan .:cool:

speed glass only I have 2 ones 8 years old and just broke in .I use to weld with it 40-50 hours a week but now I don't sucks being the boss rite morgan .:cool:

you couldnt weld even if you were a fabricator, so quit lieing. Olsen got more pull than you and he cant even read a tape, ask Ethen:fawkdancesmiley:

miller elite. bought it off CL for $80:redneck: sweet deal on a $300 helmet

if buying a used helmet use a lighter to check it . the flint sparks will dimm it:awesomework:

i am running a miller elite. i had an older miller small window before they did the solar/battery. mine was only solar and it **** out after two years. so i bought a jackson nexgen or something like that and its a piece of shiot. i am now running my miller elite and love everything about it. clear as day with hood down, adjustability to the moon, grind mode, super comfortable and doesnt pull hair out, its light weight and durable. on top of the previously listed i have used an optrel, standard flip down, and a speed glass. my choice is a tie between optrel satlelite and miller elite.

you couldnt weld even if you were a fabricator, so quit lieing. Olsen got more pull than you and he cant even read a tape, ask Ethen:fawkdancesmiley:

u play with olson what b**ls ?:fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley: get back to work .

I have a standard Jackson hood that suites my needs. I had a 9000 speedglas but was stolen........

Heres my back up welding hood.........

whiteskull_small.jpg

speed glas 9002x works great and has a bigger viewing window. my old hood i have had since sno isle about 6 years ago. it had a #10 gold lens and worked alright if you have good lighting were your welding. couldnt wait for an auto darkening lens though.

Last edited: