• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Welding repair

417chevy

My welder seems to have taken a dump the motor won't spin to feed any wire had a capacitor pop in the circuit board and I got that fixed with the exact same thing still won't turn that damn motor any one have any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure who makes the Mac welder so for them but I have a miller that has a fuse inside that controls the spool circuit. I had a problem with it a while back. May be something to check. Picture of said welder?

037cdac057c4f1c678b66c1f14469e27.jpg

Yeah I've checked the fuse and it's good

Does gas come out when you pull the trigger? If not check the pig tail going from the lead into the machine, then check the trigger it's self.

AdamF said:
Does gas come out when you pull the trigger? If not check the pig tail going from the lead into the machine, then check the trigger it's self.
yes it does

Changing wire once I bumped the spool gun switch. Didn't figure it out until I had tech support on the phone. :spin:

Then he definitely has the proper screwdriver, good luck with fix and keep up the work.

My Hobart 180 handler done the same thing. Got to reading and it pointed toward the control board. $325 for a control board. Dug a little deeper and found that a transistor on the board was likely the culprit. Ordered 3 transistors through digikey for less than $5 and it fixed it.

Just so you know mine would arc, gas valve open, and try to weld but the wire feed motor would not feed the wire. A lot of these welders use the exact same components.

Well after 3 hours of diggin and being told by Mac that welder was made by miller 4 different times turns out it indeed is not a miller it's a Clarke welder which are a company out of the u.k so email has been sent on a PC board

My miller took a dump on me one time and it was just the control dial wasn't all the way clicked into position.

Elliott said:
My miller took a dump on me one time and it was just the control dial wasn't all the way clicked into position.

Exactly my thoughts, common problem.....make sure dial is in position and not in between two.

Dwalk said:
Exactly my thoughts, common problem.....make sure dial is in position and not in between two.
Dial is fine can spin it all around no matter what doesn't change anything