• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Welding With Batteries

cash talks said:
It might be hard to weld on the deloreon with that since its mostly aluminum
Stainless steel Marty, its stainless steel, the way I see it, if you're going to build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style? Besides, the stainless steel construction made the flux disperal... Watch Out!! :flipoff1:

I had to weld my trailer on the trail back in 94 with car batteries, I used jumpercables a guy on the trail ride went into town and got some welding rod and four pairs of sunglasses to get it done, 3 batteries were way to hot so I pulled one off.

I tried this out in the shop once back when I first started wheeling, just to see how good it worked.

Just get some small diameter welding rods and keep em dry, and you can fix a lot of **** with 2 car batteries.

I even made up a stinger with a battery clamp on one end, then pulled apart a set of heavy jumper cables to make rigging more convenient.

My buddy Drew Ellis, I think he is REBEL on here, has been weldin our junk back together on the trail like that for years :****:

saved our bacon several times yall with them batteries ;D

i had to pull that **** about two years ago at the Montgomery import drag thing, welded a rear cross member back in on an old school rx-7. never went back to redo it and two years later the old **** rods i found layin around in my truck have still held up ;D ;D

zukiscott said:
My buddy Drew Ellis, I think he is REBEL on here, has been weldin our junk back together on the trail like that for years :****:

saved our bacon several times yall with them batteries ;D

I was about to say we've been doing this **** since high school. We used to blow our **** piles up at Tellico all the time and this was the preferred method.

that's the ONLY way to make high quality welds, me and Jon-John done pioneered that fawking **** years ago........i do wonder where in the hell that feller gets them thick ass coat hangers at though?