• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Westside Pheasants

LarryS

Do any of you hunt these release sites? Is it worth the 92 bucks for the permit? I've heard it gets plenty crowded on the weekends but I have weekdays open. I'm mainly interested in the Snoqualmie vally sites.

I have hunted those sites for the past six years, when I saw the price for the tag I almost **** myself. I am finding it really hard to come up with that much money for frankly, mediocre at best hunting.

They don't release as many birds as they used to, the site maintenance has fallen way off, and they are charging a hell of a lot more for it. The weekends are pretty crowded but if you run accross the birds you should do ok. Last year I got hit with shot as a bird flew up the middle of the field and 5 different groups were slinging lead at it. Weekdays are pretty open, I think they plant on Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday evenings.

Good luck to you, :awesomework: I'm still debating whether to by a tag or not.

If the price has gone up that much, **** THAT. I mean, its alright hunting, but nothing compared to eastside. Save your money, an get an eastside tag.

Only value I have seen in it is if you have a young dog that you want to get over birds. Beside that the birds don't flush very well and the hunting is marginal at best.

Kevin

I hunted the west side last year for the first time, and here is my take...

yes the tag is expensive... but so is gas.. and the hunting on the east side has slowly been getting worse, seeing less and less birds each year and alot more hunters. so i opted to give the west side a try. i have been hunting all over the east side for the past six years.

i shot right around 30 pheasant (roosters) between cresent lake and cherry valley.

way over crowded. but no to bad on the week days..

i will not be hunting at all this year. my pup recently passed away:booo:

it will be a few more years until i get back out there.

good luck and post pics from the up and coming hunts:beer:

Been out the last two week ends and shot my limit . Goin again tomorrow, freezers almost full .

Geez don't be pushy . I'm not gonna go and just hi-jack the guys thread with a bunch of images but, if it's all cool I'll have some up tomorrow .

I'd like to see some of your kills now dirtygoat . This is our second hunt this season .
Enjoy.
day2phesants.jpg

Last edited: