• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What 4x4 quad?

NotSoPC

So the wife and I have been talking about getting a 4x4 quad for hunting and for her to ride on the trail when the zuki is done. Also I like to ride myself. So I ask, What 4x4 quad do you have? Size tire? Lift?

I was thinking of a Grizzly 700 or a Sportsman of same class. I would want it in camo as well.

So the wife and I have been talking about getting a 4x4 quad for hunting and for her to ride on the trail when the zuki is done. Also I like to ride myself. So I ask, What 4x4 quad do you have? Size tire? Lift?

I was thinking of a Grizzly 700 or a Sportsman of same class. I would want it in camo as well.

My neighbor has an arctic cat for sale (came with kawasaki engine in them) for sale, its lifted, snorkel, hmf exhaust and has line x material on plastics. It's pretty bad ass, I can find out how much if ur interested? I want to say he wanted 3500 but not totally sure.

Not really looking to buy one right now but maybe after the new year. Just kinda looking to see what other people have and how it works, is set up, etc to get a better idea of what I should look for. I have built race and sand quads in the past but new to the 4x4 side of the house.

I've heard the new cam am stuff performs very well but not sure what kinda lifts and stuff are.available for them, dont know much about 4x4s either as I ride sport quads for racing.

can am has a 4x4 sport quad looks like it would perform well with a bit of sport side..... i have a 04 honda rancher 4x4..ive beat it too shtt it has performed well without lift or anything..only problems ive had is wheel bears and swing arm bearings but i guess u shouldnt jump heavy 4x4s hahaha......i would buy another honda probly sumthing with more power:corn:

Stay away from Polaris....
any of the major Jap's are good machines... I myself have an 03 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4, bought new in 03, have had no problems with it...
If I were to look at newer 4x4's, in bigger displacement--Suzuki King Quad 700, Yamaha Grizzly 700, Arctic Cats in the bigger displacement sizes actually run Suzuki Drivetrain AND have a 2" receiver hitch built into the frame (neighbor's got one, and uses this feature ALOT for moving trailers around the yard!)....Hope this helps...:awesomework:

I have an '08 650 Kawasaki Brute Force. It is the best 4x4 machine I have ever owned. Lots of torque and the front locker is controlled manually so you can activate when you need it.

any of the major Jap's are good machines... I myself have an 03 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4, bought new in 03, have had no problems with it...
If I were to look at newer 4x4's, in bigger displacement--Suzuki King Quad 700, Yamaha Grizzly 700, Arctic Cats in the bigger displacement sizes actually run Suzuki Drivetrain AND have a 2" receiver hitch built into the frame (neighbor's got one, and uses this feature ALOT for moving trailers around the yard!)....Hope this helps...:awesomework:

What's wrong with polaris? Polaris makes.good products, had a polaris trail blazer (not a 4x4)back in the day it was a tank but never ever broke down and I beat the living hell out of it.

Well the other week I went out to m dads and got to ridehis new to him 06 Cat V2. Same motor as the brute force and that thing rocks! Front locker on a switch and felt real stable on a nasy steep climb behind his house on round mt. It hauls ass and pulled his 6x10 trailer up a steep bank dragging the tail end without the front locker. Wife rode it and loved it. She even asked if I would sell the zook for one. I won't but would be good with getting one.:awesomework:

Whats wrong with Polaris? I have owned several different polaris quad's over the years with no problems.

I looked at buying one for my dad for hunting, he's 72 and can't hike as much as he used to, but hunting off a quad is so limited, Washington isn't like Idaho, so you can't run them on FS roads, so I bailed on the idea as it wouldn't have much use, just something to consider.

What's wrong with polaris? Polaris makes.good products, had a polaris trail blazer (not a 4x4)back in the day it was a tank but never ever broke down and I beat the living hell out of it.

Whats wrong with Polaris? I have owned several different polaris quad's over the years with no problems.

Everyone I've known that owned one (different models) has had nothing but issues with theirs...I've ridden several, and they all handled like doodoo compared to others I've ridden...To each their own I guess, I was just sharing my opinion based on personal (riding 'em) and friends' experiences (owning them)...:awesomework:

I looked at buying one for my dad for hunting, he's 72 and can't hike as much as he used to, but hunting off a quad is so limited, Washington isn't like Idaho, so you can't run them on FS roads, so I bailed on the idea as it wouldn't have much use, just something to consider.

Well its in the plans to move to Idaho in the somewhat near future. Will be a little bit untill we are in a spot to buy one.

We run the hell out of our Polaris machines. Best side by side... RZR is just one great machine.

We have a pair of Polaris 850s, and we LOVE them. The boss has a 2 seater and I have the limited addition. We take them over to Idaho to ride the Snake every year.

Polaris is the only atv or side by side we modify at the shop besides KTM & the Japanese 2wd quads...

But we do know Suzuki makes a great 4x4 machine. Just hard to beat the power, brakes, 10 inches of travel front and rear, on demand 4x4, towing, top speed, and the cargo capacity of a Polaris. Even the 550 hauls ass...
:D

I like Moscow, but am looking around Hayden Lake, that way I can work in either CDA or Spokane.