• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What are the advantages to having a right side drive buggy?

jcorlew24

I am looking at purchasing a race buggy. I found one that I am really interested in. My only concern about it is that it is a right side drive buggy. Are there any advantages to having the driver on the right side? It seems like it would take some getting used to. No one has a told me a logical answer why.

Most of the buggies like that will have both differentials on the opposite side. If you know both chunks are on the same side, think about how much easier it would be to avoid a lot of obstacles.

Re: Re: What are the advantages to having a right side drive buggy?

tonybolton said:
Itll make ordering in the drive-thru lane bitch. ;D

:****:

laughing1

We have some R/H drive vehicles where I work. It would take me some time to get used to them. It is awkward for me just to park one.

That is a super nice buggy. I don't think it would be a huge deal to swap a full hydro steer buggy from R/H to L/H steer if you had problems adapting to it.

It's hard to predict that moment when after the fact you realize that would have been a lot harder if I was on the other side.

Sawzall said:
We have some R/H drive vehicles where I work. It would take me some time to get used to them. It is awkward for me just to park one.

That is a super nice buggy. I don't think it would be a huge deal to swap a full hydro steer buggy from R/H to L/H steer if you had problems adapting to it.

Don't guess my driving abilities can get much worse. :****:

Jason if you get it and can't handle it, my wife s used to riding on the right side, I'll ask her if she will drive you around.