• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What are your opinions on Stak T-cases

jcorlew24

I was thinking about ditching my Dana 20 and upgrading to a Atlas or Stak. I have my D-20 out of my buggy right now, so it would be a good time to make the change. I have a deal working on a Stak 2 speed Mini Monster. The guy wants $1,700 for the case and it has never had fluid in it, just bolted up for fab. It also fits my tranny with no adapter, has 1410 yokes (which match my driveshafts), 32 spline outputs, shifters, and boots. My only hesitation to jumping on the deal is that I have not heard too many good things regarding the Stak cases. Everyone keeps telling me to go with an Atlas, but they are quite a bit more money. The Stak deminsions seem to be pretty close to my D-20 except for the width, so there wouldnt be too much work in making it fit. I wasn't able to find good measurements on the Atlas, but have heard the Stak mini and the Atlas are pretty close in size. What do you guys think?

rock mafia said:
If you like rolling the dice go for it. I'd never put one in anything I owned unless it was free. Advance adapters answers their phone, and there is no question if they are still in business or not. I've put about 15 atlas in buggys and 2 staks, one of those was replaced with an atlas. Never had an atlas problem.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/764135-stak-3-speed-problem.html
\

Good to know. I believe I am going to let that one go. Thx

I've always heard very mixed reviews about them. Some people end up getting a box that works flawlessly and others get one that pops out of gear all the time. It really is a roll of the dice on the Staks in my opinion.

Mine pops out of low. I would set it on fire if I could afford something else. I wish the guy on pirate would make the GD shafts to fix the things like he started. I would have no complaints then.

kmcminn said:
I dont know about anyone else. But if I'm going to spend 1700 on a stak, I would save up some more money an get an Atlas. You're spending that much so don't cheap out now. Don't forget resale.

If you look around a while you can find a used atlas for about $1700, but be ready to jump all over it :****:

The problem with the stak is bearings and once they go you will just keep rebuilding trust me I built mine 4 times before I put it in floor and installed a 205

Latest posts