• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What do you old fawkers use for joint pain?

TacomaJD

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....
My knees, ankle, and lower leg where I had a large bone graft done have been killing me at work lately. Ever since I got off the hard pain killers after my bike wreck a couple years ago, I've been taking Ibuprofen 200mg gel caps most every day. Still works decent most of the time and some days I can go all day without taking any, but not often. I hate the principal of taking pain killers every day (especially only being 26 yrs old) but can't hardly make it without at least taking one or two a day. I've tried Aspirin 325mg tablets only, but it doesn't seem to kill it like Ibuprofen does and I think I may be building a tolerance to Ibuprofen since I've taken so many? Just wondering what other non script pain killers work good. I've looked at Aleve, but it's pretty much same thing as Ibuprofen far as I can tell, just in 220mg caplets vs. 200mg. I know some of you old brokedown fawkers will have some good advice to share ;D molaugh

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Back in the day maybe a 714, but today some Naproxen and Rum, but pretty sure Naproxen is about like Aleeve also.

Re: Re: Re: What do you old fawkers use for joint pain?

mdo817 said:
Back in the day maybe a 714, but today some Naproxen and Rum, but pretty sure Naproxen is about like Aleeve also.

Lol needs to be a work friendly concoction, as I usually take one at the beginning of my day before work. Usually I dont take anything on the weekends unless I'm wheeling and gonna be walkin in the woods alot, other than that, beer usually does the trick then.

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

I never worked on a concrete floor till about 8 years ago. Then the knees and joints started really hurting. Tried different boots, rubber mats with no help. I was taking a lot of ibuprofen just to get the work done. Then i started taking Glucosamine and it really helped me and a few of the other people i know with joint pain.

On a serious note I have a buddy that had a bad bike wreck about 5 years ago and now has mutable pins and rods in one of his legs.

Someone turned him on to this stuff https://www.juiceplus.com/nsa/content/Welcome.soa and he has been taking it everyday for the past 4 years. He says he can tell a big difference in the pain level if he runs out for a week or so between orders. Not sure but I assume it affects inflammation in some way.

It may all be in his head but he swears it works. I think it is kinda pricey however

extremetownie said:
I never worked on a concrete floor till about 8 years ago. Then the knees and joints started really hurting. Tried different boots, rubber mats with no help. I was taking a lot of ibuprofen just to get the work done. Then i started taking Glucosamine and it really helped me and a few of the other people i know with joint pain.

Glucosamine and fish oils.... I would try to ovoid the meds if possible, their hard on your system.

extremetownie said:
Then i started taking Glucosamine and it really helped me and a few of the other people i know with joint pain.

I thought that glucosamine/chondroitin **** was all hype until I tried it. It has definately helped my knee pain.

Re: Re: What do you old fawkers use for joint pain?

I used to take some stuff from gnc called tryflex.. stuff worked great.. I need to get some more.

sent from a payphone

Glucosamine every day and Tylenol Arthritis for joint pain. Ibuprofen seems to quit being effective after a while and Naproxen/Alleve is rough on your stomach.
I've had two bike wrecks myself with a cracked back in the second one, and arthritis from a childhood illness and this seems to work best for me.

You should never take ibuprofen that much for that long or even alieve. Extremely hard on stomach and liver. You should consult with your dr about this they are some good nonsteriodal pain killers available and are less harmful to your body. A lot of medicines react with ibuprofen and can really screw your stomach up or cause internal bleeding so if you take any other meds check them out. Hope you get lined out cause it sucks to be in pain. Chad :dblthumb:

Changing your diet and a little exercise makes more of a difference than anything you could "take." Go get one of those fancy pants engineers lurking around here to do some calculations on what ten extra pounds will do to a joint over the course of a year. My family is riddled with arthritis and the family members with the least amount of pain and discomfort eat well and stay in relatively decent shape.