• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What do you suggest?

Benhoward384

Found the Culprit and it turned out to be the control arm bushing like everyone told me, making noise.

So what do you suggest for aftermarket bushings? I'm not looking to replace the control arms all together, that gets expensive. I'm looking at the Energy Suspension Control Arm Bushing Sets for 69.99 bucks on summit.

04 Wrangler 2 inch lift.

Hmmm.. I would've figure the shocks/coils/air struts/coil overs determined ride quality.

Poly you get more vibrations... I would know, all my bushings are poly on my Jeep. But I chose it for reliability offroad, if he wants to go with poly he can. Giving my .02...... that is all.

Lots of people go poly thinking they are the end all/be all for a long living, reliably tight suspension system...I am here to tell you that poly wears out as much, if not a bit moreso than rubber when used reasonably hard. Rubber will lessen the vibes felt as stated, and provide years of reliable use.
I've got poly on the Sami, and there has been play in ALL of the spring/shackle bushings for at least a couple yrs now...They NEED replaced....Am I going poly again? Yup, cuz they're so damn cheep! :redneck:
The YJ also has poly in the ends that take bushings (Nth Degree long arm system), and it sounds as if the poly bushings are clunking abit on take off...need to inspect a little closer, but...Also, BOTH ends of my front track bar are poly, and the axle end IS worn...Am I going Poly again? more than likely on the track bar, but might try rubber on the upper link ends...:awesomework:
Poly makes it tight initially, but wears, Rubber may not produce the absolute tightest-feeling rig, but will bring it back to factory ride quality, and likely last a bit longer under moderate offroad use... My .02 from exprerience...:cool:

:awesomework::awesomework::awesomework:
Lots of people go poly thinking they are the end all/be all for a long living, reliably tight suspension system...I am here to tell you that poly wears out as much, if not a bit moreso than rubber when used reasonably hard. Rubber will lessen the vibes felt as stated, and provide years of reliable use.
I've got poly on the Sami, and there has been play in ALL of the spring/shackle bushings for at least a couple yrs now...They NEED replaced....Am I going poly again? Yup, cuz they're so damn cheep! :redneck:
The YJ also has poly in the ends that take bushings (Nth Degree long arm system), and it sounds as if the poly bushings are clunking abit on take off...need to inspect a little closer, but...Also, BOTH ends of my front track bar are poly, and the axle end IS worn...Am I going Poly again? more than likely on the track bar, but might try rubber on the upper link ends...:awesomework:
Poly makes it tight initially, but wears, Rubber may not produce the absolute tightest-feeling rig, but will bring it back to factory ride quality, and likely last a bit longer under moderate offroad use... My .02 from exprerience...:cool: