• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What Drive Shaft To Use On TLT

smr4runner

VMGontheRocks said:

Yes those will work but if you do not buy two sets of the steel outputs you will need to buy some u-joints. The steel ones come with them or you can buy two shafts that come with the joints allready. I tried the plastic joints on mine and ended up breaking two of them trying to put them together:mad: I ended up buying the steel ones they were much easier to use. Also check this out it is a good article on how to build a TLT. Also shows good pics of how to make the driveshafts you are going to need if you run the normal 60/40 split.

Jato's they are like tiny Revo shafts, bullit proof.

You might need 4 to make 2 to make the rear long enough.

I should be seeing the trannie here in the next day or so. I have to take my time with this as the wife has started to ask questions like, "Honey I understand that you have to replace parts that brake on your crawler, but why do I see another set of axles, links, motors, wheels, etc. on your workbench". :D

Dude said:
Jato's they are like tiny Revo shafts, bullit proof.

You might need 4 to make 2 to make the rear long enough.

Thanks Doug. I need to check yours out again this weekend.
Mike

smr4runner said:
I should be seeing the trannie here in the next day or so. I have to take my time with this as the wife has started to ask questions like, "Honey I understand that you have to replace parts that brake on your crawler, but why do I see another set of axles, links, motors, wheels, etc. on your workbench". :D

It is kind of like why do you need another pair of shoes when you have ten in the closet:D I know what you are saying I think we have all been there at least once.

spectra said:
It is kind of like why do you need another pair of shoes when you have ten in the closet:D I know what you are saying I think we have all been there at least once.
Good point. Glad I don't have to deal with this yet. Another one is "I go to work ever day I can buy whatever the f*** I want":flipoff: