• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What drivetrain for Samurai buggy?

Re: Re: What drivetrain for Samurai buggy?

not to high jack but I'm putting a d300 clocked flat behind my 4.3/th350.what do you guys do about the pass side exaust?im thinking I will have to build a custom header to run exaust under the front on the motor.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Turbo would be the best bang for the buck! unless you do major changes, a V8 is just to long for a some what stock sammy front end, unless you mount the radiator in the rear, but if you got toyota axles, dont even think V8, plus its a pain in the ass to put a v6, auto in one, got to cut up the floor alot, make all new crossmembers, redo driveshafts, etc! thats why i say leave what you got and turbo it!

bluetoy said:
I don't care to help you build a stand alone harness if you decide to go with the 3RZ. thumb.gif

getting alot of pms? molaugh

I have a 3rz also, would never have a 22r/22re again. Its like going from a 4.3 to an LS :****:

Dont the 3rz exhaust come out on passenger side? Would love to put one in my brothers buggy to replace the 22re but not sure if i could make it work.

i've owned several 3rz rigs in the past. My favorite engine by far. Plenty of power and impossible to kill!

Just turbo the 8v you'll love it and have all the wheel speed yahoo want and light weight..