• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What gauges to put in the buggy?

JohnG said:
I have a RacePak in the 38 Special

Shows RPM, water temp, oil pressure, and oil temperature. Used the oil temp as the trans temp, so the gauge that says oil temp is actually the trans temp. Kept from having to buy another sender. On Solo Buggy, I have round Autometer gauges. The gauge needles give me a better feel at a glance for what the engine is doing. The RacePak is always changing. Like water temp says 210 - 211 - 212 - 210 - 214 - 215 - 213 - 212 - 211 - 213 - 215 - 214, etc. Find myself looking at each degree as a different value. On the Autometer gauge, the needle is not fluctuating much and is around 210-215 so I am good.

After running both my PERSONAL preference is round style needle gauges.

The Autometers I went with in Solo Buggy have the "dummy" lights built in. They are user settable and also have max recall if pressed before shutting the engine off. The downside I have found it there is not rubber grommet around the setting post, so it is possible to get water in gauge if not careful pressure washing.

Here are the gauges:

Water temp - ATM-4454
Voltmeter - ATM-4483
Tachometer - ATM-4497
Oil Pressure - ATM-4452
Fuel Pressure - ATM-4472

All from Summit Racing.

The Auto Meter Gauges John has in the solo buggy are by far my favorite gauge that we have used in the shop to date.

I have Summit Racing house brand, they work just fine and look like rebranded AutoMeter.

Well i run propane! I was thinking a volt, water temp, oil pressure, tach. Should i add anything else? Anything to add for my propane?