• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What I have been working on for the past 15 months...

Poohbair

Pabst O'Holic
...in Brads shop! Thought I had started a post here, but maybe not. I cant seem to find one, so I will make one. I wont go into REAL detail about it, but here has been my project and money pit for the past 15 months...

It began on Nov 4th of 2006 like this...

DSCN1330.sized.jpg

DSCN1332.sized.jpg

DSCN1335.sized.jpg

Started out as a motor / tranny swap... then things snowballed out of control...

Here is how some of the progress went...

11_10_2006_1.sized.jpg

11_10_2006_4.sized.jpg

11_10_2006_15.sized.jpg

New_Parts.sized.jpg

Stripped_4.sized.jpg

In_primer_1.sized.jpg

Suspension.sized.jpg

Well, today was a BIG day in my Cougars resurection as it actually started... yes, it started, and ran... like VROOM VROOM...

Got all of the fuel system finished up, and 95% of the wiring. Now most of the big stuff is done, and it will just be buttoning up all of the loose ends! My buddy Jed made me the fuel pump mount, and then I drilled a few holes to mount the filter to it. Nice and protected, and high and tight!

The first time we fired her off she had a BIG exhaust leak... turned out I had forgot to put the #1 plug back in after finding TDC :lol:

Here are some pics of the fuel pump mount and other ****... she got fuel in the tank for the first time since October 2006!

DSCN5868.jpg

DSCN5875.jpg

DSCN5876.jpg

DSCN5873.jpg

DSCN5871.jpg

DSCN5877.jpg

DSCN5883.jpg

DSCN5885.jpg

DSCN5882.jpg

DSCN5878.jpg

DSCN5881.jpg

T-5?
FI on the old small block or a complete 5.0 HO swap?
Are those Headman 88400s?
Magnaflow mufflers?
Fox body mustang radiator, right?

:cool: :masturbanana[1]: :cool: :masturbanana[1]: :cool: :masturbanana[1]:

I've always preferred the cougar over the mustang.
prefer falcons over mustangs too.

T-5?
FI on the old small block or a complete 5.0 HO swap?
Are those Headman 88400s?
Magnaflow mufflers?
Fox body mustang radiator, right?

:cool: :masturbanana[1]: :cool: :masturbanana[1]: :cool: :masturbanana[1]:

Yes, T-5
Complete 5.0 HO swap w/ a 91 Tbird engine
Cant remember the #, but they are Hedman headers for an early mustang. I had bought some chrome BBK headers for a 91 5.0 but they didn't clear the shock towers.
Dual 2 1/2" exhaust thru Magnaflows
Radiator is a factory Modine aluminum unit out of the 91 Tbird with a Proform electric fan with a builtin thermostat.

So is this how it got built?
DSCN5873.jpg

:awesomework::awesomework:

Well, when it comes to the wiring... yes... I drank beer and Brad does the wiring. I am what is know in some cultures as "special" when it comes to wiring, so Brad handles that side of it! :D

...and I am not gonna lie, between last winter and this winter, there has been ALOT of wood burned thru the stove while working on this, and over 2 winters and 1 summer, there has been ALOT of beer consumed while working on this... that is just standard shop etiquette :redneck:

So after working on it yesterday, it will actually sit and run on its own. It has water, a belt, alternator is working correctly, new cap, built some plug wires, P/S is all hooked up (but a fitting is leaking... so I need to fix that), tranny is full of Mobile 1 synthetic, and the exhaust sounds great. It may even be a touch loud... might need a balance pipe after I get her on the road!