• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What I have been working on for the past 15 months...

Didn't do alot on the Cougar today as I was grooving my Runner tires... but here are a few updated pics of the engine. She is pretty much all finished up except the wiring, driveline, sheetmetal, figure out a throttle cable setup, and finishing up some of the loose ends!

Shouldn't be too long now :shock:

Cougar_2_9_2008_1.jpg

Cougar_2_9_2008.jpg

Cougar_2_9_2008_2.jpg

Cougar_2_9_2008_3.jpg

Here is what she looks like now... almost all of the wiring is done (thanks Brad!!! ), it now starts and stops w/ a key, lights work, fuel guage works, temp guage works, and the sheetmetal is on.

Still have a power steering fluid leak to deal with, along w/ a possible other power steering problem.. maybe reversed lines

Driveline is getting modified and should be done tuesday

Need the right size bolts for the tranny mount

Need new plugs, just for giggles

Need another new heater core, and then the heater box installed... yes, I broke the heater core I just put in... shitty...

Need new throttle pedal and need to buy a Lokar throttle cable and install that stuff.

Pretty much all the BIG stuff is done, just little finish stuff now. Should be done in 2-3 weeks, just cause I need the $$ for the rest of the parts

DSCN6303.jpg

DSCN6304.jpg

DSCN6307.jpg

DSCN6306.jpg

DSCN6305.jpg

Well, after 15 months the Cougar finally drove out of the shop under her own power for a test spin. She has a little miss, so I am gonna change the plugs and see if that helps clear it up. No alignment, but she drives great! Shifts good, feels like decent power, but with the 2.79 gears it is really hard to tell... Still have to do some little things, hood, align fenders, adjust windows, heater core and heater box, and have a power steering leak (still)... but she is REALLY close to coming home!! :cheer:

2_24_2008_3.jpg

2_24_2008_2.jpg

2_24_2008_4.jpg

2_24_2008.jpg

Well, today in about 45 minutes Brad, Adrian and I fixed the Cougar ... it no longer has 2 dead cylinders...

turns out something was ****ed up in the computer. It now has the computer out of Brads buggy in it, and it runs GREAT!!! It is actually FUN to drive now :awesomework:

And apparently the image hoster that ALL the pictures were in for this thread went away, so it is probalby pages of X for pics... sorry

Latest posts