• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what is the best toyota suspension for flex?

kenax7

I have an 85 Toyota 4runner that currently has stock Toyota axles, and what im guessing is around a 4-6" lift (maybe shorter). I have been looking into 63" chevy springs in the rear and looking into the possibility of Toyota rear springs in the front for flex. anybody have any other ideas or any opinions on this idea? also, I was wanting to know what shocks to go for. I was looking into trail gear 6 shooter knuckles, trail gear high steer and eventually dirty 30 axles. I would love different opinions on this potential set up and maybe other and better ideas. Thanks!

Go ask the guys on Pirate4x4, they love it when people ask these questions. They have all sorts of answers for you.:haha:

I would suggest knuckle studs and a locker with some Longs. Traction will get you way farther than flex.

ruf/63's is a great sutup when done right. they flex good and the softer ride makes the truck much more enjoyable.if it where me id go with longfields and marlins 25mm steering or the 5th stud setup with arp's. either way your on the right track.

Flex (wheel travel) doesn't matter as much as stability. At some point, you sacrifice stability for wheel travel if your building a rig to "flex" and that will make it wheel like ****. Find a good in between so that your rig stays stable, but will still flex decent. RUF's are a good choice for the front.

One link with 2 5/16" ball. Only use Uhaul trailer tongue for coupler, weld with coat hanger and diehard battery. Barnett implement will have the link material. Use seat belts to limit as this set up can yeild too much flex for even KarlVP to handle!

One link with 2 5/16" ball. Only use Uhaul trailer tongue for coupler, weld with coat hanger and diehard battery. Barnett implement will have the link material. Use seat belts to limit as this set up can yeild too much flex for even KarlVP to handle!

FTW:redneck:

I have an 85 Toyota 4runner that currently has stock Toyota axles, and what im guessing is around a 4-6" lift (maybe shorter). I have been looking into 63" chevy springs in the rear and looking into the possibility of Toyota rear springs in the front for flex. anybody have any other ideas or any opinions on this idea? also, I was wanting to know what shocks to go for. I was looking into trail gear 6 shooter knuckles, trail gear high steer and eventually dirty 30 axles. I would love different opinions on this potential set up and maybe other and better ideas. Thanks!

Suprised no ones asked but are you a "bolt it on guy" or "I can build it"

Do you own a welder or have acces to a good welder person or machine?

And budjet yaya spelling.. but seriously if you got the money and Ideas anything is possible.

If money is tight then I'd just remove swaybars, extend brake lines a used bolt on lift with longer shocks. "lincon lock" weld the rear diff and locker the front.

That will get you the farthest for your money.
Buy a winch to get you back home.:beer:

If money is tight then I'd just remove swaybars, extend brake lines a used bolt on lift with longer shocks. "lincon lock" weld the rear diff and locker the front.

That will get you the farthest for your money.
Buy a winch to get you back home.:beer:

And this will do ANY trail in Washington State.

:redneck::haha: