• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what is the cut off year for ford 8 lug rims to fit chevy too?

BustedPinion

-=BANNED=-
i keep forgetting this :mad:
i know older ford 8 lug rims will fit chevy, but whats the cut off year? I am looking at some F350 superduty rims from a 1999, will they fit my old chevy 8 lug?

Jeepasaurusrex said:
No. The 99 and newer Superduty rims have a different (metric) lug pattern and will not fit the older Fords and Chevys. :flipoff:

Yup - 99 was the cutoff/switchover. 8x170mm = ~ 8x6.7 as opposed to 8x6.5 for chev, dodge, older ford.

correct me if im wrong but an 8 lug is an 8 lug, with the exception of the ford superduty which started in 99. pre-dutys were the standard eight lug. 8x6.5" is the standard i believe.

TTF Fabrication said:
correct me if im wrong but an 8 lug is an 8 lug, with the exception of the ford superduty which started in 99. pre-dutys were the standard eight lug. 8x6.5" is the standard i believe.

I'm pretty sure that ALL 99+ ford 8-lug patterns are 8x170. Hopefully someone knows more definitely, but I'm 95% on that one.

Superduty wheels are also hub centric and use crush style lug nuts rather than standard cone style.

Also, older 8 lug wheels, 8 lug is 8 lug for the bolt pattern... except that Ford rearends have a larger hub... so older Ford wheels will fit a Chevy, but stock Chevy wheels will not fit over the rear hub on a Ford.