• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What RPM Torque Converter

payne97 said:
4500 pounds LQ9 LS3 heads intake should make 550hp 400 turbo 1.45 first gear 205 1.96 low 4.56 gear 40" tars
cam gross lift .617 .593
duration 231 242
lobe separation 112
trails and rock crawling

if it helps....

should be around 4400#
lq4 around 500 hp
th350
lift is around 580-590
duration is around 230s
lsa is 112+2
PTC converter with 2700 stall and very happy with it.

417chevy said:
I'm in the market of looking for a stall as well but not sure what to go with considering the 6.72 gear ratio what are the 500+hp rockwell rigs running for a stall range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have around 600 hp and run a ptc 2800 and it will whompow nice when i wanf it to.

jccarter1 said:
With those specs I think a 3300-3600 would be about right you might have a little more flash stall than you are used to but I think you will love how the power comes in, also ls motors like high rpms and that cam will need 3300 at least to not load up (side note people talk about stall rpm a lot but most don't understand what it actually means. For example just because you have a 3300 stall doesn't mean it won't move until you reach 3300 rpm it means that the converter is applying all fluid pressure at 3300 so in your rig that would mean in high gear high range your converter would slip a lot until you get the rpms up but in low gear low range there isn't as much force required to turn the tires so it will start to pull around 1000-1200 and will be locked up around 2000) hope that makes sense stall rpm is a special type of vodoo Magic that takes a lot of understanding of how it works to get the best setup. Every different aspect of the rig effects the stall rpm weight, gears, motor output, motor power curve, transmission and rotating mass/ parasitic loss

This dude got it,

I'll bet those heads will come up on power right before that converter kicks in

jccarter1 said:
With those specs I think a 3300-3600 would be about right you might have a little more flash stall than you are used to but I think you will love how the power comes in, also ls motors like high rpms and that cam will need 3300 at least to not load up (side note people talk about stall rpm a lot but most don't understand what it actually means. For example just because you have a 3300 stall doesn't mean it won't move until you reach 3300 rpm it means that the converter is applying all fluid pressure at 3300 so in your rig that would mean in high gear high range your converter would slip a lot until you get the rpms up but in low gear low range there isn't as much force required to turn the tires so it will start to pull around 1000-1200 and will be locked up around 2000) hope that makes sense stall rpm is a special type of vodoo Magic that takes a lot of understanding of how it works to get the best setup. Every different aspect of the rig effects the stall rpm weight, gears, motor output, motor power curve, transmission and rotating mass/ parasitic loss

That's probably the best and most understandable analogy of how a stall speed works I have heard. :dblthumb:

Ed at ptc is the man.i called told him wat i had ,wat motor and gear ratio .he built me a 10' with around 2400 stall ..it made a world of diffrence in the way my s10 performed.and told me if i didnt like it he could do wat ever i needed to get what i wanted.ptc for the win. :dblthumb:

I ran a 465 manual in mine for years. I love driving a manual and always claimed I'd never make the swap to auto. But curiosity got the best of me so I made the swap and can honestly say automatics are the way to go. Not sure what stall my converter is but I think it's fairly high because my trans gets pretty hot after a few hours of constant riding and I run a massive cooler.

When we still had the jeep together with the 203/300 doubler it always seemed to want to drive through the brakes with a 2200 stall converter.. The guy we rode with had a similar setup but a smaller 10 inch converter set to 3500 ish and it seemed to work much better while in double low.

Sent from yo momma' house