• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what Springs for a YJ?

dove'd85

my buddy it looking for some springs for his 92 YJ, looking for something other than Pro comp, sky jackers, rancho ect... 3-4 in lift springs that have got flex and road manners:D

james

ok let me try again...

what springs in your opinion will work for him, i don't know jack **** about jeeps the springs will be for a daily driver/camping and light wheeling, alot of road driving. he is looking at a budget of $600 including shocks and brake lines/ and all necessary hardware:cool: i am not looking for lift springs. i want them to be nice and flexxy:cool: but that have really good handling characteristics and not alot of body roll
i was wondering if stock waggy fronts F/R would bolt right up? and possible a 3-4in lift? or maybe 44044's? i know they are not cheap just looking for some good information... would a SOA be a better way to go? i haven't seen any jeeps on the street with spring overs:scratchhead: ......:beer:

Last edited:
Rubicon Express. :awesomework:

x3 :awesomework:
i haven't seen any jeeps on the street with spring overs:scratchhead: ......:beer:

Not too many, bad idea if you want a decent handling street vehicle. If you want lift and not lift springs I'm confused. My opinion, if you want lift get a Rubicon lift kit ($600) and don't forget the SYE and CV shaft ($600). If you want a good street jeep just get some new bushings and shocks etc. ($250) and money left in your pocket.

what springs in your opinion will work for him, i don't know jack **** about jeeps the springs will be for a daily driver/camping and light wheeling, alot of road driving. he is looking at a budget of $600 including shocks and brake lines/ and all necessary hardware:cool: i am not looking for lift springs. i want them to be nice and flexxy:cool: but that have really good handling characteristics and not alot of body roll
i was wondering if stock waggy fronts F/R would bolt right up? and possible a 3-4in lift? or maybe 44044's? i know they are not cheap just looking for some good information... would a SOA be a better way to go? i haven't seen any jeeps on the street with spring overs:scratchhead: ......:beer:

Here let me hold you hand a little,

Here is the web site with lift kits
http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Jeep.aspx?Vid=9C32D63680072

you can see YJ kits and other such stuff if you don't want a kit then click just the YJ spring which takes you here

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Jeep-Wrangler-YJ-Springs.aspx?XnPath=173,179&Vid=9C32D63680072

you can get a straight replacement for the yj spring RE1440 or what ever you want to do...

Spring over is the way to go....I got a set of crown automotive 6 leaf packs from Oly 4x4 in snohomish....and they rode really nice...what you will need to do is get adjutsable track bars if you want the streetability

Last edited:
With what he's looking for use-wise, Old Man Emu are pretty nice, they won't give him 3-4" of lift, but they are a godo design, and are decent on road. Once you get to 4" the leaves have to be stiff to you give that much height, especially with aftermarket made to fit kits.

SOA's are great for flex and ride, but minimum height is gonna be at least 5.5-6", plus there's a lot more to do it correctly, such as a nice third link for the rear axle to fix axle wrap, an SYE kit for his t-case, something to address bumpsteer issues that will be evident..... a lot more than just $600 worth.

Last edited:

Latest posts