• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What to buy?

patooyee

I'm thinking of buying a UTV / SXS of some sort for my daughter and wife to tool around in on the trails. I would like it to be able to ride all 3 of us for some of the local sxs runs / trips where I won't bring the buggy. I don't know if that means we need a 4-seater or what. It DOES NOT need to have tons of power and it will never ride huge obstacles like some of you crazy bastards do. It will basically just be a cooler-mobile and a parts fetcher. I'm not hung up on getting the razor's edge of performance out of it but I don't think I would be happy if it wasn't 4wd. Really my primary concern would be that it is cheap. Its simply a means to get the wife and kid out on the trails and allow them to be independent from me and the buggy. I'm not hung up on brand. In fact, I think Polaris fetches a higher price than its worth just because of the name, so they may be completely out. What should I be looking for?

The Rangers are pretty comfortable and capable. With the bench seat you can ride 3 people fairly comfortably and the bed allows plenty of cargo room. Not a hill killer or trail blaster like a RZR but sounds like it would be ideal for you. Also the different motor sizes give you different pricing options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honda Pioneer 700 4 Seater sounds like your game

http://powersports.honda.com/2014/pioneer-700.aspx

I've looked into them,700cc,3spd trans,4WD,shaft driven so no belts to break,from what I've read theyve been extremely dependable to the people that have bought them. 100% better than the old ugly Big Reds Honda had for years :puke:
I priced them here just locally and was pretty much 10k for a 2 seater and right around 11k for a 4 seater(but the four seater doesnt have the long stretched wheelbase of RZRs

If the Yamaha Viking is as reliable as the Rhino, it sounds like exactly what you need. 3 seater, 4wd, reasonable priced compared to most others.

Get a Ranger and be done!

I have a 900 Ranger and I love it, they are surprisingly capable on the trail for their size :dblthumb:

B.DRAKE said:

I have a 900 Ranger and I love it, they are surprisingly capable on the trail for their size :dblthumb:

X2. Ranger has been the toughest SxS I ever owned.

I have an 07 700 ranger. Plenty of power if your not use to a rzr. I use it for business. Which means I overload it and half the time my employee are abusing it. Only had to replace to belt twice. I use it to pull trailers around ( one is like 5000 pounds ) I am looking at a new one
awesome mochines for sure.

I would say a Ranger, Perfect for what we do and also very usable around the house. A friend of mine just bought a new 800 with the turf setting so it wont tear up his yard for under 10 grand with a 5 year warranty.

B.DRAKE said:

x3 here. I have one and love it. It will suprise you with what it will do with 3 people and 3 Yetis in the back.

I've got a teryx4 that is the flashemifyougotem! Only downside so far is bed space is limited (my new 45qt pelican just fits with a little room on either side). Don't think you would go wrong with any of the sport/work utv's as they are all on par with each other as long as you don't drive it beyond it's intended use. Somebody will have something good to say about each and just as many will say something bad! Go with what you have local at the best deal. You can drive a ways and find polaris' out of state cheap but it will do you no good when the local dealer keeps putting you at the back of the line in front of people who bought from them.

Nothing rides and drives like a RZR....just get an 800-4 with EPS and you will be wanting more.

I have had a few and nothing is more stable and safe feeling than a RZR.