• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What to do when the trail isn't hard enough

FiFo

I was gonna flame ya, then I saw the part about being at the work party.:D I drug a couple stumps next to the gate for the campground last year. It was kinda fun.

Last edited:
426rider said:
I was gonna flame ya, then I saw the part about being at the work party.:D

Ya, we where actually closing off a by-pass that people had made around the very first little baby obstacle on the sun-rise trail, but you should see the look on people's faces when they watch you start up a trail towing a large rock behind your rig! :haha:

1 rock, is that all? :rolleyes: try this...

demo4.jpg

and that was a small load! :flipoff:

and only one log? :rolleyes: here you go...

demo5.jpg

:;
(my brother and I were the ones who drug the entire 1st and 2nd bridges down to the campground)

oh you're right, that's all his jeep could handle

that's my brother's Taco btw, I've got an XJ :cool:

FiFo said:
From time to time we have all had to tackle a trail that just wasn't up to the abilities of our rig, or the skill of ourselves as drivers. So what to do in such a situation?

I just drive faster.

You should acutally see FiFo drive. He just uses more skinny pedal.

I forsee an XJ with a 454 and rockwells in it just so he can make wheeling easier.

those are cute little logs:redneck: These are the ones we hauled into the copper city trail a couple of weeks ago. But seriously thanks for your work at elbe its much appreciated:D

Attachments

• logs.jpg
    logs.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 374
  • earl.jpg
    earl.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 373
It's funny, I had a couple people complain to me about the rock obtacles over the past few months. The Trail is too easy so we make it harder.. I don't think that rock section's too hard. What do you guys think? It could use a little tweaking but I think the difficulty level is good. I'd like to see the Sunshine Trail full of techincal challenges like this.

I thought one of the comments was interesting. "The rocks were not placed correctly for a Jeep." So what was my gut response. Who says that we build trails and obstacles just for a Jeep.

Now the annonomyous guy is cool and there are no problems. I just thought that it was interesting that I'd get a complaint that the rocks weren't spaced correctly for a Jeep. I told him that we are building trails for 4x4s, not Jeeps.

pokey said:
those are cute little logs:redneck: These are the ones we hauled into the copper city trail a couple of weeks ago. But seriously thanks for your work at elbe its much appreciated:D

Copper city near Bumping lake? I saw the sign a couple years ago that they were planning to reopen that, cool to see there is work being done on it.

gibby said:
I told him that we are building trails for 4x4s, not Jeeps.
I know what you meant (4x4s in general not specifically Jeeps), but this just sounds like youre completely slamming Jeeps, haha :haha:

~T.J.

well my friends and i do alot of wheeling on post. the trails here range from flat to fairly good climbs. but when we are bored and wish for a challenge we just make our own trails. the underbrush here is thick and makes for some good but slow trail busting/stump humping. but we have created some really challenging hill climbs and 1 sick obs.:corn:

The Timber Tamers went out to Elbe last weekend and "fixed" that rock obstacle. I'd like to get an ecology block so we could make a permanant winch point.

And I see your point, Gibby. We aren't making Jeep trails, we are making 4x4 trails.

we need 2 to 3 eco-block to block off the upper renagade trail top & bottom.
the rocky part at the top to the hill will be pretty easy for a short while until the rock gets worked in. then it should get interesting again.
If anybody heads up there and sees where there has been some "re-routing" or damage, please let Karl know so we can get it fixed ASAP.

84Toyota4x4 said:
I know what you meant (4x4s in general not specifically Jeeps), but this just sounds like youre completely slamming Jeeps, haha :haha:

~T.J.

You're right. I'll correct that. We're building the trails for all 4x4s, not JUST Jeeps.

Better? :D

KarlVP said:
The Timber Tamers went out to Elbe last weekend and "fixed" that rock obstacle. I'd like to get an ecology block so we could make a permanant winch point.

And I see your point, Gibby. We aren't making Jeep trails, we are making 4x4 trails.

I might be able to arrange that.

a little off topic but it would be nice to have a listing of which clubs or groups are doing trail mantinence on which trails so we can let them know when there is something to be fixed or blocked off before it gets out of hand.
just a thought!
if this already exists. where can it be found?

Dirtball said:
a little off topic but it would be nice to have a listing of which clubs or groups are doing trail mantinence on which trails so we can let them know when there is something to be fixed or blocked off before it gets out of hand.
just a thought!
if this already exists. where can it be found?

Currently, the PNW4WDA is responsible for Elbe, Tahuya, Walker Valley, Evan's Creek and the Naches Trail system. You can post information on the forum at www.pnw4wda.com. There are more but I don't have all the names right now.

The Timber Tamers have recently adopted the Sunrise Trail at Elbe. We are in the process of updating the PNW4WDA website with this kind of information and it should be online soon, at least for Elbe. I don't know how fast the other areas are being updated as I'm not responsibile for them.