• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What to do with a 2002 Mustang GT?

creepycrawly said:
Where are the updates?!?! This thing have positive pressure on that intake yet or what?

I made a terrible decision and spent the money on my daily driver. :( I seem to be too wishy washy on the white car. I'd LIKE to do the 15-17 Coyote motor swap to it with a blower. But that's ridiculous money PLUS the labor PLUS the fabbing to fit.

Then I think...i'll just bullet proof the factory slug motor in it. Then I'd have like 10 grand in a pretty obsolete motor that's still pretty heavy.

My last thinking was just get a beefed up stock version of the shitty trans in now(bout 1800$) and enjoy the awesome 230-whatever whp it has then let it be a retirement project and do whatever at that time is the hot motor. Prolly like a Tesla electric motor swap.

Call it Project Limbo.....where it will probably forever be. :(

I thought you pulled a trigger on a blower for the 2 valve. Kinda glad you didn't. To me, that's like throwing a Grande kit at a D35!

If I were you, I'd be looking for a wrecked coyote F-150 donor. Throw a set of long tubes and a CJ intake on it and put high 4's to the tires. I think a blower on a coyote would turn it into a drift car instead of a road course car.

creepycrawly said:
I thought you pulled a trigger on a blower for the 2 valve. Kinda glad you didn't. To me, that's like throwing a Grande kit at a D35!

If I were you, I'd be looking for a wrecked coyote F-150 donor. Throw a set of long tubes and a CJ intake on it and put high 4's to the tires. I think a blower on a coyote would turn it into a drift car instead of a road course car.

Blower for 14 GT....my daily.

Attachments

• 20171230_165137.jpg
    20171230_165137.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 96
tonybolton said:
Oh man....browsing old pix I forgot about this "trail repair"!

I believe I was up in Ohio or over in Nashville somewhere for a road course event and I had a brake caliper bracket failure.

I went into a turn from about 80 miles an hour and needed to be around 20 or 30 miles an hour to make the turn and when I hit the brakes I heard a loud bang and scraping. I limped It Off Track as fast as I could and then started looking where I heard the noise.

This was back when I was just doing things on street tires and stop trailering the car.

Once I saw the damage I was like oh **** I am totally ****ed this far away from home.

I kinda sorta figured out a plan that I thought might work so I started running around the pits gathering random bits for my Epic repair.

I found a big old lag screw somewhere swept up by the pit wall and a few people had some zip ties for me.

I figured once I got it all hacked back in there and together that I could just limp the car home and use the emergency brake is my brake. Keep in mind the rear brakes on this car are probably as good as your daily drivers front brakes.

I miraculously made it home by only using my e-brake. The only issue I had was about 3 exits after I left the track I heard the caliper break some zip ties and fall into the wheel again which I pulled over as fast as I could.

I saw a truck stop just down the road about half a quarter mile and went there and bought 5 packs of zip ties and got back together.

Could you not just clamp off the hose and remove the caliper all together? ???

tonybolton said:
Blower for 14 GT....my daily.

Yes! I didn't realize your coyote was what the blower was for. That's cool and I feel like an idiot for making recommendations about stuff you clearly already know and have.

Here's mine.

Attachments

• 5BF3E8FE-F8DB-40EC-BDE8-578FEB15464A.png
    5BF3E8FE-F8DB-40EC-BDE8-578FEB15464A.png
    298 KB · Views: 187
Re: Re: What to do with a 2002 Mustang GT?

TheViking said:
Hey Tony how about you give me the Mustang GT and go buy a new Bullitt or 500? We know you have that money! :stir: :woot:
It'll be interesting to see where it ends up.

I want to put some effort towards dad's cuda this year. Some brakes....chassis stiffening and steering work would get it where I want to be.

Re: Re: What to do with a 2002 Mustang GT?

tonybolton said:
It'll be interesting to see where it ends up.

I want to put some effort towards dad's cuda this year. Some brakes....chassis stiffening and steering work would get it where I want to be.

What drivetrain combo is in the Cuda?

MoparMan said:
8 3/4 rear? What gears?

8 3/4 and I put a 3.55 in it years ago for dad so he could drive it. I still have the 4.56 chunk he used to drag race with. I think he ran 30" tall slicks and he said it was "topped out" by the end of the 1/4 mile. :)

He put the stock wheel/tire combo back on it when he first got it running again and it'd be in high hear by the time the front bumper crossed a 4-way stoplight LOL