• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What tube bender?

ish

Looking for a tube bender. Nobody has discussed recently so to heck with the search. My 14 yo son is getting into building an 84 Toyota and since the bed is rusted out and the bumpers are toast - I might as well buy a bender. It won't be used much other than a bed, cage and bumpers - never know if he will want to build a buggy.

So what bender? JD, rogue fab, pro tools, speedway, etc....

And where to get 1.75 dom mt. Vernon area?

Last edited:
I used Rogue to build my cage in the CJ....

Attachments

• IMG_6539.jpg
    IMG_6539.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 181
X2 on the Rouge.

I went with a Rogue because it was the most affordable hydro setup, it is a fairly compact, and it bends vertically (so it is a lot easier to use in a cluttered work space).

I just purchased a jd2 model 32 with a 1.75 die, swag offroad hydraulic kit and the air over hydraulic ram from harbor freight for just under 1100. I dont have any experience with benders but it seems pretty well built.

I just purchased a jd2 model 32 with a 1.75 die, swag offroad hydraulic kit and the air over hydraulic ram from harbor freight for just under 1100. I dont have any experience with benders but it seems pretty well built.

This is the same way I would go

i use the model 32. no complaints. nice to have the option to bend .250 wall as well!

I currently have a pro tools, I got it because the dies are less expensive. I have had a jd2 in the past. I bought it because they were the only game in town back in the day. Having had both, I would choose the jd2. the dies are more expensive but the tool is better quality. the hydraulic ram set up is definitely a must have. Most of the guys I know say it's not worth the extra money. It seriously is worth every penny.