• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what type of shifter are you running in your buggy

collinmaune

Have seen a few different types of shifters people have been running some b&m and others a more simple design wondering where you get the non b&m shifters. Are there any advantages with one or the other.

If you get the b&m shifter like being used on dirty girl, you can modify it so that you can slam it from first to reverse without a lockout and have to pull in the trigger for park. Modification is easy. I ran it that way two years and it saved me twice.

i run an art carr/ winters. big fan, ran it for a long time in two different rigs.

standard%20shifter.jpg

shift gates
Shifter-Gates.jpg

I run a art carr reverse rockgate it works excellent and is smooth shifting. :eek:

A friend of mine wheels with one in his Bronco. He also loves it. I went the b&m route so I could slam the shifter forward and it stops on reverse. It really saved me a couple times when my front end unloaded.

Does any of the dirt track shifters have a lockout? Something to keep from hitting park?

Re: Re: what type of shifter are you running in your buggy

i run the B&M with the lever slam reverse mod in my buggy i love it!!

scared to death!!!!!

Buggy project I bought came with a tci has a th350 with reverse manual valve body thinking about switching to the b&m down the road if it's a straight shifting pattern but may go with the Carr any if you guys run the Carr with a manual valve body and like it

Winters shifter TH350 standard rock gate. I cut out the 3/2 tab on the right so rev is right there when you need it.
Nobody will ever ask how to shift it. It's that easy.
I like the fact there are few moving parts, mainly just the cable.
I like to rate this shifter a :dblthumb: with a little flashemifyougotem!!

I ran a b&m in my buggy last couple of years and wished I'd spent the money on the art Carr I put my new buggy together that was on the first round of parts I ordered and love it.