• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Whatcom county Snow Run...

No winch here but lookin for some deep snow... wonder how that is gonna turn out.:redneck:

I will let you know whats up, might just take my truck have the buddy waiting on the radiator ride with me if he doesn't get it by then.

Better go work on my truck to get it ready, I needed some motivation to get the last few things done so I can wheel it. If I do end up going it will be this trucks first run ever wanting to see what it can do.

If its slide it could be as early as 2 if its twin lakes... as late as 8 .... hard to say

Like I said before Twin lakes is a good luck at this point, my guess is there will be a burm up by the weekend. There were snowmobiles stuck up above us and one of the guys was a slednecks dude :redneck:

Like I said before Twin lakes is a good luck at this point, my guess is there will be a burm up by the weekend. There were snowmobiles stuck up above us and one of the guys was a slednecks dude :redneck:

How far up the road do they put the berm? My wife works up at the ski area if she could see it from the highway I will get her to scope it out on her way to work.

Also I just checked the snow level forecast for the rest of the week.

Tonight: Showers. Snow accumulation 3 to 5 inches. Snow level falling to 2500 feet.

Wednesday: Showers. Snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches. Snow level near 2000 feet.

Wednesday Night: Showers. Snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches. snow level near 2000 feet.

Thursday And Thursday Night: Showers. Snow level near 2000 feet.

Friday And Friday Night: Showers. Snow level 1000 to 1500 feet.

Saturday And Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Snow level near 1500 feet.

Sunday And Sunday Night: Cloudy with a chance of rain or snow. snow level 3000 feet.

Monday Through Tuesday: Cloudy with a chance of showers. Snow level near 3000 feet.

I think there is going to be plenty of opportunity to find some snow. I usually go to slide, but if you guys know some where that you arent looking at a cliff the whole time that would be sweet... I always seem to end up half way off a cliff.

Last edited:
The berm in question is just to the right of the County Works Shed just outside of Glacier at the Twin Lakes Rd turnoff......You can see it from the Highway---If there's a big snow berm blocking T.L. Rd, then it's closed to wheeled vehicles....

The berm in question is just to the right of the County Works Shed just outside of Glacier at the Twin Lakes Rd turnoff......You can see it from the Highway---If there's a big snow berm blocking T.L. Rd, then it's closed to wheeled vehicles....

got it I will have her check friday on her way to work, and again sat morning just to be sure they dont pull a fast one.

I think at this point we can meet at breakfast see what the weather is doing make a decision and go get stuck in some snow.:redneck:

Last edited:
if you guys get past the berm (and with the level below 2000ft, its pretty likely it'll be up by then) you'll probably run into 4-5ft of snow by yellow aster butte (3800ft).

With the warmth going up and down, and one avalanche already right after the bathrooms, I'd highly suggest doing slide or something else. There is too much snow to traverse Twin Lakes safely now.

If you use this tool, you can get an idea of avalanche danger:
http://www.wwu.edu/huxley/spatial/maps/nwac/

I'd recommend not only looking at the forecast, but go back a few days as well to check to see if twin lakes is in the red (it is).. this is good indications you'll have a few good slides to work with.

Weather may cooperate. Its bean snowing hard in the 3000 ft range and will come down to 1000ft on sat. Should be nice and cold with a slight chance of snow... perfect for a good day out in the woods.:cheer::beer:

if you guys get past the berm (and with the level below 2000ft, its pretty likely it'll be up by then) you'll probably run into 4-5ft of snow by yellow aster butte (3800ft).

With the warmth going up and down, and one avalanche already right after the bathrooms, I'd highly suggest doing slide or something else. There is too much snow to traverse Twin Lakes safely now.

If you use this tool, you can get an idea of avalanche danger:
http://www.wwu.edu/huxley/spatial/maps/nwac/

I'd recommend not only looking at the forecast, but go back a few days as well to check to see if twin lakes is in the red (it is).. this is good indications you'll have a few good slides to work with.
Thanks jakob! Yeah, pretty sure T.L. is gonna be a mess to deal with...
Weather may cooperate. Its bean snowing hard in the 3000 ft range and will come down to 1000ft on sat. Should be nice and cold with a slight chance of snow... perfect for a good day out in the woods.:cheer::beer:

Yep!!! Sho is!!! :beer: :cheer: :beer: :cheer: :beer:

Although nothing is currently in the red, by the history, that could all change tomorrow...:awesomework:

As of yesterday there was no berm at twin lakes. dont know about today the next update I will get is tommorow morning about 8 am.

That being said I think my buddies and I decided to go up slide. our plan is to head up there around 10 as of right now.

Yep, That's the plan....:awesomework: Breakfast at the Hungry Bear at 7:30!!! :cheer:
I'm goin' Jeepin'!!!!!!! :haha: :redneck: