• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What's a shop cost?

mjp1080

So I want to put up a steel shop, I've had it with trying to work in a small garage and want some room to manuver and be able to finally pull my truck inside to work on it. I'm thinking a 40x50 or 40x60 would be plenty for me. Just curious if any of you have built your own shops and what it cost you. Also what should I look out for or be careful of. I will do all my own excavating and will erect it all myself just need a rough kit cost, thanks in advance.:D

Little nickel is your friend. There is always an ad in there with metal buildings for good prices.

I honked at you going through sultan yesterday when you were at chevron.

I build wood pole bildings. They seem to be a little cheeper. The best sizes I find to build are the 40-30 but the 40-60 are nice too. The only thing I have a prob with most of the time is help. but they go up in like 3to 4 weekends. if you have all the stuff there.

check the building codes in your area as in everett there is a 900 sq ft rule...:puke:

commercial is different as well as unincorporated snohomish. i just read his location as seattle so i thought id throw that out there. i dought inside city limits you cant even build one....within code.

the shop at my place in everett in 99 was 30k installed with no wiring or plumbing. wasnt done by me so i dont know much more.

i really really wish it was two bays bigger.

The 40-60 25k the 40-30 17 to 19k and the 900ft rule only applys if your in a rural area. and buy the lot size. Also if you keep it with in 150-180 foot of the transformer that brings power to your house it will save you like 4k on having it wired in.

6" slab on grade or actual foundation? You definatly want 10x10 zip stripped panels. That way you always have atleast 10x10 flat to work on. If you sheet rock run all the condiut,air plumbing, extra plugs 110 and 220 volt. Compressor room away from where you will spend most of your time, insulated to the inside and free breathing to the outside.

My shop is 36' 50' 6' slab on grade built in '82 steel building. Erected by Baugh Construction (family Friend). READ CAREFULLY NOT BIG ENOUGH!!!!!

6" slab on grade or actual foundation? You definatly want 10x10 zip stripped panels. That way you always have atleast 10x10 flat to work on. If you sheet rock run all the condiut,air plumbing, extra plugs 110 and 220 volt. Compressor room away from where you will spend most of your time, insulated to the inside and free breathing to the outside.

My shop is 36' 50' 6' slab on grade built in '82 steel building. Erected by Baugh Construction (family Friend). READ CAREFULLY NOT BIG ENOUGH!!!!!

There is no more baugh its skanska.

I still have a connection thru David Baugh who also owns Glennwood Marine in California.

Just did a 11 yard concrete patio a couple weeks ago and was able to get mud for $107/yd.

Ya I usually get mud for around $105/yd to $110/yd depends on if I have to open on a saturday or sunday.

I still have a connection thru David Baugh who also owns Glennwood Marine in California.

Just did a 11 yard concrete patio a couple weeks ago and was able to get mud for $107/yd.
hey what are you doing this weekend? i might be going to pick up some parts? also was wondering if you could bring your saw over so we can do some logging. did you find a wheeler yet.