• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Whats the best all around trailer for camping and hauling a rig????

Hillbilly Beast said:
This is my setup. Works well for me and the wife. It has a shower and toilet in it also to keep the wife happy.
[/IMG]
c301c0b5bc746912372173b44f4e2816.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Takes me about 45 minutes to load unload on/off trailer. Haven't pulled the camper and trailer at same time with camper in truck yet.

And when I'm not camping.

The slide in campers are nice but I have two kids so they would get cramped pretty quick. I am needing something nice for camping also so something like the work and play would be nice. The only thing about a fully enclosed trailer is that it seems like the buggy would be a pain in the ass to get in and out of and would be a pain to strap down inside the trailer.

O-yeah and I definitely have to keep the wife happy

Dirt700 said:
Better make it nice for Brittney. At Feb Jam Brad let Sarah stay in his while we were at camp now we are building one. :****: I have already got a slide in camper tracked down from a buddy, now just to find a 30ish ft. trailer.

nealcj8 said:
The slide in campers are nice but I have two kids so they would get cramped pretty quick. I am needing something nice for camping also so something like the work and play would be nice. The only thing about a fully enclosed trailer is that it seems like the buggy would be a pain in the ass to get in and out of and would be a pain to strap down inside the trailer.

as crazy as it seems, I can pull my buggy in, strap it down and be done in under 5 mins easy. love my enclosed much better than the open one I had before
I made sure I got +12" in height and went as wide as possible so it's easy to fit (drive over fenders). loads easy.

with what I have into the buggy, there was no way I could leave it sitting on an open trailer going down the road. so much salt in the winter would trash it over time. and I like the interior to stay somewhat dry laughing1

I gave $2800 for this, and have maybe $1500 in it. New wiring, lights, tires, cabinets, floor, stove, water heater, ac, water tank, heater, mattress, insulation, etc. Have just a little more work finishing it out, but sold the Zuk so I'm building a new portal Zuk on 42s.

https://jxn.craigslist.org/rvs/6013790649.html
Garage is to small for a crawler but probably a good deal for someone with a rzr

fabricator1 said:
https://jxn.craigslist.org/rvs/6013790649.html
Garage is to small for a crawler but probably a good deal for someone with a rzr

That's a good deal, those aren't cheap. Too bad about the 10ft garage area.

Yeah. There's a lot of these work & plays for sale cheap around here, but it's harder to find one with a big garage

Posted this in the cl section, seems like a good deal if ya running a shorter wheelbase rig https://chillicothe.craigslist.org/rvs/5998662523.html

Re:

One of our buddies has a similar setup and said it does that pull very well because of the way it's loaded. Said he wouldn't pull it if it wasn't for the fact he's doing it with a dually. Although it is a Ford so that don't say much.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

ridered3 said:
Got anymore info on this setup??? Seems like a nice setup overall depending on overall length and area to put a rig.
Built by thore in California. Tahoe pakrat. 26 ft overall. Around 16ft buggy space and 9ft box plus a 6ft pop out. Got a wet bath shower, tv, refrigerator, sink, microwave, gas stove. Weighs 3700lb empty and hauler lots of tools and buggy/jeep. Probably 7-9k loaded. Pull it with 6.2 Denali

leeadam94 said:
Built by thore in California. Tahoe pakrat. 26 ft overall. Around 16ft buggy space and 9ft box plus a 6ft pop out. Got a wet bath shower, tv, refrigerator, sink, microwave, gas stove. Weighs 3700lb empty and hauler lots of tools and buggy/jeep. Probably 7-9k loaded. Pull it with 6.2 Denali

Thanks for all the info. It's a nice setup that I hadn't seen before.

jta said:
http://inventory.milltrailers.com/2017-44-millennium-silver-12xe-living-quarter-trailer-Nx3b%7CTT.html

If you want to spend the money I recommend these guys. I have a 36 ft gooseneck enclosed and its an awesome trailer. Mine doesn't have a living quarters but I do camp out of it.

Here is a link to some pics of mine
https://goo.gl/photos/zu4qR9bnsjzdAtxb8

I've been looking at these guys, as well as the Icon aluminum race trailers. Really nice stuff. On your 36' is that the total length including space up over the hitch or just the floor length? Also, how do you like towing that with a shortbed? My truck is a shortbed and I noticed you got a hitch extension in there.

redneckengineered said:
I've been looking at these guys, as well as the Icon aluminum race trailers. Really nice stuff. On your 36' is that the total length including space up over the hitch or just the floor length? Also, how do you like towing that with a shortbed? My truck is a shortbed and I noticed you got a hitch extension in there.

It's 36 over all. The floor is just under 28'. It tows so nice. You just have to keep in mind that you have a short bed when you are looking for places to park or get fuel. My next truck will definitely be a long bed but this truck does fine pulling it, I had my concerns when I bought the trailer but I'm happy with it or all.