• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Whats with Krawlers?

Bunk1

That nice azzhole
So i guess im not tottaly hip to the krawler situation, But i recently heard that bfg cant make them any more as a result of some epa stuff. Any truth to that? Are they still going to make them? Whats the skinny?

I've been trying for 9 mos. to get a set of deeps. I can get a set of shallows anytime,same price now, but am holding out for deeps. BFG told my boss that unless you are a(paraphrasing) "big name" in a "big series" you are SOL on deeps. I've gone through ALL the teams that we supply wheels to and none of them want to part with any of their "extra sets" even for top dollar. Most say they don't have extras and are kinda in the same boat as everyone else....hard to believe.

BFG told us that they were changing the rubber compound and had test tires in the hands of Tracy and Shannon to see what they thought....bla bla bla.

Thats all I "know"....not much:rolleyes: Have not heard anything about EPA issues. The rubber is similar to rock climbing shoes and 20+ companies produce 10's of thousands of pairs of climbing shoes per annum so I can't see the mfg. process is any different(to create the rubber).

Are we talking DOT compound, sticky (Non-DOT) compound, or are both sets hard to get?

I'm still hoping to obtain 2 more 37s in DOT tread.

Why not pickup a set of Maxxis CC's, I dont see spending money on a set of tires that will wear out in no time. Been out of the game for a bit but I assume they are readily available?

Yeah i was talking about the reds. I heard from someone(can remember who) that bfg got in trouble for the mfg process of the krawlers and had to shut down production.

Im not one to trust someone's online banter, But one of the guys from the btg rock crawlers from az hated his creepys and sold them off with a quickness for another set of Krawlers. Doesnt meen the cc's dont work good, Its more like the Krawler is the very best.

Last edited:
The creepy seem to have a much better side wall than the bfg .I have fixed quite a few krawlers now and the sidewalls are very thin. Is the stickyness worth the loss in reliability and availability over the cc?

Its more like the Krawler is the very best.
As somebody that has run both the Krawler, and the Maxxis CC I would not agree that one is not better than the other. I am a person that likes to think that I really pay attention to the little things as so I can give an accurate comparison of anything I run, and not just a biased opinion. The area that the Maxxis come out ahead IMO is the durability and service life as well as I think they worked a bit better in the snow. That being said if I got the chance to but a set of both for the same price I would choose the Creepy Crawlers without hesitation. I have never been a person that has been brand loyal, but been loyal to what works whether it is less expensive or more. There is my internet opinion, take it for what is worth.:;

Last edited:
The creepy seem to have a much better side wall than the bfg .I have fixed quite a few krawlers now and the sidewalls are very thin. Is the stickyness worth the loss in reliability and availability over the cc?

Yes....see my first post. I could have a set of CC's in a week but am holding out for deep reds. Might give in for shallows soon though....my tires are toast....more cord than rubber at this point.

As somebody that has run both the Krawler, and the Maxxis CC I would not agree that one is not better than the other. I am a person that likes to think that I really pay attention to the little things as so I can give an accurate comparison of anything I run, and not just a biased opinion. The area that the Maxxis come out ahead IMO is the durability and service life as well as I think they worked a bit better in the snow. That being said if I got the chance to but a set of both for the same price I would choose the Creepy Crawlers without hesitation. I have never been a person that has been brand loyal, but been loyal to what works whether it is less expensive or more. There is my internet opinion, take it for what is worth.:;

X2... and yes the sidewalls are more aggressive for the mud. I find the more the CC's wear the better they get. 50% or less, If bunks reference ran them new and didnt break them in, he never really tried them :cool:

I would run either, they all smoke the same :cool:

I've heard the same things.....epa crap.....low availability.......etc.

I have a whole 6/32ndths on my Red Krawlers, so I'm good to go.:redneck: But I'd buy a set of Creepy Crawlers (sticky) if I had to......they can still do 90% of what the Krawlers do.

But I'd buy a set of Creepy Crawlers (sticky) if I had to......they can still do 90% of what the Krawlers do.
Question for you guys that have stated your opinions like this one. Have you had both or you just talking out your azz?? Please let us know as to how you formed your opinion. And telling us that you heard from a guy is just that hearsay. Please tell me that you have run both, and that you dont believe everything you hear on the internet.:rolleyes::corn:

Ive seen both the creepies and red krawlers kick major ass offroad. I've also seen them both get passed by bald garbage in the snow. Not that it makes a lick of difference just what I've seen. :D

I'd happily run either of them in the rocks if they came in a big enough size for me tastes. Yes I love big stupid tires. :redneck:

Ive seen both the creepies and red krawlers kick major ass offroad. I've also seen them both get passed by bald garbage in the snow. Not that it makes a lick of difference just what I've seen. :D

I'd happily run either of them in the rocks if they came in a big enough size for me tastes. Yes I love big stupid tires. :redneck:

42" creepys would be awesome

I would take 42" iroks in the snow anyday over comp compound hands down,

but mud, dirt, roots, Creepys with no question. Its a toss up in rocks

If your 10% rocks and the rest trail Like me I would lean towards Crawlers, they just look cooler anyways.

What about Trepadors? Anybody got any experience with them? I know they're directional, but I only drive forwards anyways.:redneck:

42" iroks on a 15x14" wheel is a big balloon snow tire from hell... They get squared up and narrow on 17's.

I'd LOVE a 44-45" ltb on a 15" wheel, their compound seems about perfect for trail/rocks but the closest they make is a 43" sx that while it does come in a sticky also only comes on a big fawkingdumb 20" wheel. :mad:

Run recenter'd HEMMTT's (or however you spell it)

I don't think my truck would move if I bolted those beadlocks on... BIG heavy made for extreme GVW wheels they are. :haha:

It's not the lack of beadlock it's the lack of sidewall. You don't need a lot of sidewall flex in a comp, but it is handy to get a big fat aired down footprint in the snow while trail wheeling.